Monday, July 03, 2006

New House Pics!

Hey!! Happy 4th of July to all of my US readers! To all of the non-US readers happy 4th of July anyway! I think I would be a bigger fan of the 4th of July if fireworks weren't involved. All of our redneck neighbors have been shooting off firecrackers every night for about the last two weeks. Since we're in the suburbs fireworks are allowed. I can't wait to move to the city!!! Our subdivision looks like a war zone every morning when Pippin and I walk. There is crap EVERYWHERE! It's such a waste of money. There's a fireworks stand on every corner here, and tonight one a few blocks from our house has a big spotlight going!

So, everything with our house sale and purchase is still going great. Last Friday we had our home inspector inspect the house we're buying. Everything went really well and we had no major surprises. The inspector has a few minor things, but he said the foundation and all the important things looked awesome. All of the rafters and floor supports are oak! He said they haven't moved at all over the last 95 years and the house is probably stronger than any new home built today. Sweet. I've uploaded the pics we took Friday to my Flickr account here. There's 30-something pics in the set, so it was just easier to link to there. I've put notes on what each room is and all the changes we are going to make. We are so excited and just ready to MOVE! And start working!! We changed just about everything on this house, and it's been finished for a couple of years now and we're just itching to get going on the new house. Today I've talked to mover, mortgage agents, insurance agents, our agents!! Everything is in high gear now. Moving date is July 14th, 10 days from tomorrow!!! I can't wait!

Saturday we went to my parent's 2nd annual July "4th" BBQ. My brother and his family were there, along with Brent's entire family, and some other cousins, aunts and uncles. It's very strange to see them all getting older. Our "little" flower girl, ring bearer, and jr groomsmen were there and they are not junior at all anymore!!! The ring bearer is now 14 and much larger than I am, my flower girl is now 12 and enormous! We've been married 7.5 years now, so these things happen, but it's still strange to see! I'll try to post some pics from the BBQ later this week.

Sunday we mostly packed and took care of some home errands, but we did do our long run of 12 miles. OMG, what a MISERABLE run! Brent took some great pics with his camera phone so I'll try to get them up soon as well. Here's the Cliff Notes version: very hard, super hot, we've really got to quit doing this stuff when it's so warm! It was NINETY-FOUR degrees when we finished!!! Something is seriously wrong with that!!!

Anyway, we worked today and I am sleepy so it's time for bed so we can get up for an early 6-miler and do more packing! Brent's parent's drove up tonight to take some old furniture of theirs we've been using for the last 7 years and to take my broken elliptical. I was going to sell it at the yard sale we're having this weekend, but I'm more than happy to trade it out to a family member. It just wasn't worth paying to have fixed and it took up too much space. I'd rather use the treadmill and do other exercises on my cross training days anyway.

Anyway, have a great 4th you guys! I picked up some steaks today for us to grill out tomorrow. I wonder if these will be our last steaks at this house???? Crazy!!!!

Rae

22 Comments:

At 9:16 PM, Blogger Iron Jayhawk said...

LOVE the house!!

Sooo...when are we all invited over for a bbq? ;)

I can't believe your moving date is so soon!! You and Brent must be so excited!

Happy fourth of July and of course, happy running!

 
At 9:25 PM, Blogger Rich said...

Nice pics of the house! For a house warming gift, you can ask for those deoderant thingys you stick in the urinal ... ;)

 
At 10:40 PM, Blogger MNFirefly said...

The house looks very nice. I would have too much anxiety with the moving. Ugh...hate moving.

I hate running in hot weather too. I saw someone on my way home from the gym and just felt sorry from them. ICK!

Good luck tommorow.

 
At 4:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You've been married for 7.5 years??? I had No idea!! I'm moving later this month as well (my first purchase) and it's sooooooo complicated and all time consuming. But, like you, I'm excited. And all consumed. And excited. And consumed.... Good luck!!!

 
At 6:07 AM, Blogger Michele said...

Love the house.

This weather is killing my runs

Have a great 4th!

 
At 7:37 AM, Blogger Cliff said...

Rae,

Your new house looks very nice.

Happy July 4th.

 
At 8:15 AM, Blogger BuckeyeRunner said...

Happy 4th!

I love the new house. Isn't it funny how older homes were truly built to last? They really knew how to build them back then - none of the often-flimsy construction that you see with newly built home these days. Good luck with the move!

 
At 8:46 AM, Blogger Trisaratops said...

New place looks soooooo cute! Enjoy your 4th and your steaks! :)

 
At 8:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy fourth!

 
At 12:20 PM, Blogger JamieW said...

The house looks great and real fun. Happy Fourth!

 
At 2:41 AM, Blogger Scott said...

I absolutely love your new house... the white picket fence is awesome! I see endless possibilities. I applaud the practicality of the person who installed the urinal... I bet it was a woman.

 
At 6:29 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

The house looks awesome. somebody liked blue colors... the aquarium was awesome!

Hope you have a green thumb, looks like you'll need to do a little landscaping!

 
At 11:17 AM, Blogger D said...

Great new house! I can't believe you have a urinal....

Happy 4th!

 
At 9:59 AM, Blogger RedheadFangirl said...

I need to get a chance to really review, but your new house looks just a-dor-able. You, Brent, Pippin will have a great life there, for sure!

I had a cranky run in the 90 degree heat the other day. I just can't run when it's that hot, even in shady places!

 
At 11:35 AM, Blogger Afternoon Tea With Oranges said...

So glad that everything is going great with house buying/selling!! My husband would be very envious of the urinal!!

 
At 11:36 AM, Blogger Legs and Wings said...

You'll be glad to rid yourself of the redneck element...that's too funny! I hope the move continues to be uneventful.

 
At 12:49 PM, Blogger Darrell said...

A white picket fence! How cool is that. Looks like Pippin will have some fun exploring that backyard. Good luck with move and all.

 
At 2:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can't buy this house, cause, well...I want it - I love it!!

I think you guys have really done well on this one, congratulations. I wish you a smooth move and lots of happiness in your new home. How is pippin taking it?

Happy belated 4th! I at least had an American engineer from our sister company in MA over here on the 4th working on a project. We had a good time talking about the celebrations and fireworks back home.

The best way to handle the hot weather is to just do it, slower than normal and drink a lot.

 
At 10:19 AM, Blogger jeanne said...

congrats! the house is beautiful! I LOVE older houses, they have so much character, and they are WAY better build than new ones. Good job!

hey i meant to tell you guys that your fav singer, Jo Dee Messina, was at the U.S. Capitol on Sunday night, performing! We boycotted on your behalf. :)

 
At 1:22 PM, Blogger Dawn - Pink Chick Tris said...

Grogeous house. May all your days there be happy ones.

 
At 4:23 PM, Blogger KT said...

Congrats on getting the entire house thing resolved! I know how annoying that can be.

 
At 6:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a beautiful house! Congratulations.

And I feel your pain about the 4th of July fireworks. In our neighborhood, the 4th lasts from about June 15th to Labor Day.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home