Monday, February 06, 2006

Strange dreams and Hello Kitty

I had THE strangest dream last night (Sun night) and I just have to share!! Do you remember the old show Step by Step - the terrible Friday night "comedy" with Patrick Duffy that was on around the time of Sabrina the Teenage Witch and Boy Meets Girl? YEAH, that one. So anyway, we had pizza last night for dinner and for some strange reason whenever we have pizza we always wake up in the middle of the night with strange dreams and non-human thirst. In my dream I guess I was watching Step by Step. In it, Patrick Duffy (PD) was getting ready to run a race. He was putting a Fuel Belt on, but in the elastic pockets he was putting these huge Rubbermaid drinking containers, like something you would make Lemonade in or something. Of course they were sticking WAYYY up and I was thinking "He's never going to be able to run like that." Then in walks the weird nephew guy (WNG) and he says "Duuuuude, what are you doing?" and PD says "I'm getting ready to run the race! I have to have water!" and WNG says "Duuuuude it's just a 5K, you don't need that much water". PD says "A 5K! I thought we were running a marathon!" And then my alarm went off so I'll never know how well they did. Does anyone know what this means???? Probably anxiety about Saturday's 5K considering I know for a fact I won't be fast.

In other random non-marathon related musings here's a pic I took for Kiki from Publix on Sunday!! I didn't buy them because Pop Tarts are a square mass of processed sugar and fake fruit, but they are cute!!

Does everyone else hate Blogger right now? I started this yesterday and of course couldn't finish it because Blogger was down, like always. I might catch up on my Blogger reading if it was ever up! I am down from 280 posts in my inbox to 159, not bad!!

Have a great day everyone!

11 Comments:

At 5:09 AM, Blogger Simba's Mom said...

That is a really funny dream. I am sure that your brain is confused about only having to run 3.1 miles. Not sure how the Step by Step people fit in, though :)

 
At 6:50 AM, Blogger Iron Jayhawk said...

Hahahaa that dreams is too funny. I had nightmares about oversleeping my marathon for about a month beforehand. 3.1 miles ain't no thang for you. :)

ANd those pop tarts...that's hilarious. At work I actually brought home a special edition box of American Idol pop-tarts for my hubby as a joke.

 
At 7:29 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Poptarts and 97% of everything else in the grocery store. You can't escape... must find non-processed food...

One thing that is intriguing is that our Big Lots will have "themed" food (cereals, fruit bars, etc) from movies or other cartoons (and somehow not yet expired), but I never see them in the stores. Maybe I am not looking for them.

Now, if you ever see a wheaties box with Tergat on it, THAT would be picture worthy

 
At 8:44 AM, Blogger Jon (was) in Michigan said...

Poptarts are total poison. I ate so many in college that the sight of them made me ill for YEARS. It was horrible. We used to bring back dozens from the dining hall and eat them all day long. Poison.

Ofcourse, if I had one now? I would totally eat it. :)

And Blogger rots. I left them after a year of frustration and never regretted it for a moment.

 
At 11:49 AM, Blogger Cliff said...

Cute fake fruits...

Ha, my word verificaton is unwit...must be describing myself.

 
At 1:56 PM, Blogger Cory said...

I never really liked pop tarts. The way I never really liked shortbread cookies. Just too dry, I suppose. Back in the mid 80's, I really had a thing for Toaster Strudels. Nice and soft and flaky, with good icing and filling. As with anything good, you can have too much of it, though, and one day, I just suddenly stopped eating them. Burned out. Odd how sudden it was.

As far as dreams, bring them on! Who cares how the Step by Step people fit in! :D That's the beauty of at least a certain kind of dream: it just ain't quite right. I've been having fairly vivid dreams lately, but only to the point that I remember isolated chunks of them, like my aunt, mother, father, and uncle at the starting line of a road race (oddly enough!), and my father just secretly voicing how annoying he thinks my uncle is. That was last night. There was more, but it went *poof* when I woke up. :( (IRL, the two dont know one another).

It's odd how good a mood I'm in when I have, and can remember, a dream like this.

 
At 6:18 PM, Blogger Rich said...

LOL on PD! At least he didn't forget to wear his pants ... that would be my nightmare ... how can one possibly go from the start line, back to the car, put on pants, back to the start line again, and still make it before the gun goes off?

 
At 9:29 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I so did not need the image of Patrick Duffy and the guy who says "DUDE" all the time in my head right now. Especially putting on a fuel belt and getting ready to run. I know I will have nightmares tonight.

 
At 6:12 AM, Blogger Rhea said...

Sounds a bit like an anxiety dream, although funny as well. Do you feel prepared for the 5K? You will so rock it, you know.

 
At 5:11 PM, Blogger Dawn - Pink Chick Tris said...

Do we ever really catch up. I do all my reading, hit refresh and then there's like 50 new posts. I have a big list and well I just love em all so much I can't delete anyone. What do you call a blogger packrat - "blograt".

Good luck with your race!

 
At 3:10 AM, Blogger Jack said...

Hey good luck with the 5K, do you think you will finish ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home