Thursday, January 26, 2006

So, this is it.....

This time tomorrow night our plane will just be landing in Miami!! Insane. Approximately 575 training miles later and it's still a little hard to believe that THIS weekend I'll be running a marathon. What was I thinking??? I'm an absolute bundle of nerves, basically pacing the house to see if there's anything at all that I might, in some remote instance, need. I've got sunscreen, bodyglide, cheap sunglasses, cheap mittens, my cliff bloks and just about every piece of running wear I own packed. If it suddenly turns cold I am SO ready. (oh yeah, and I have one hug to deliver from susie to birthday boy david. )And of course THE outfit, along with my running shoes and the absolute essentials, are in my carry-on. No chances!! I've got loads of directions and all the info printed, Pippin's suitcase is packed for the kennel and this time I did NOT forget to pack my necessary prerace breakfast! Memphis was great practice for destination racing! Of course all day tomorrow I'll be running through things in my head to make sure they are packed.

Thanks for all the music suggestions!! I like all types of stuff in my running mix. I start every race with "Ready to Run" by the Dixie Chicks, and from there it's anything from Cher to Nickelback,Snoop Dog to Nelly, U2 to Metallica, Disturbed and Good Charlotte. Anything with a great beat works! I'm about to download some tunes for the running mix. So far I've got 7 hours of music lined up in my miami mix, ya never know.

More than that thanks for EVERYTHING! All the support, well wishes and comments are so greatly appreciated. Besides all the ones you can read below the blog I've gotten emails from former coworkers, an actual letter from a high school friend, messages from family, you name it this week. Even though I can't pay for you all to fly down there and cheer (I WISH!!), you'll all be with me in spirit. And when times get rough (and I KNOW they will) I'm going to run through all of your names and think about all the inspiration you guys give me through your posts. So, if you're a silent reader and never leave a comment, I'd love it if you'd drop a wish for us today just so we know how many people are cheering along from across the world. =)

I'm not sure if we'll have wireless internet or not, but at the very least we'll post through the cell phone finishing times, etc, so be sure to check Brent's blog on Sunday am for some results!

Wish us luck and light as feather feet!

Rachel

Exercise-
Wed- 1 mile am walk with Pippin, 40 minutes toning/stretching focus: abs/thighs
Thurs 1/3 mile am walk with Pips (it was ass cold, way below our 30 degree limit), 3 mile run

41 Comments:

At 7:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HELLOOO!!! Kick some buttt!!!!!! Love it!!!

 
At 7:20 PM, Blogger Simba's Mom said...

Good luck! I know you're going to rock it...

 
At 7:42 PM, Blogger jeanne said...

You are so ready for this I can't stand it!!! Knock 'em dead.
:)

 
At 7:43 PM, Blogger ida said...

Run strong and have fun. I'm so proud of you, Rae. You're a bad mama jama!

 
At 7:51 PM, Blogger Danny said...

Hey, I'm excited too!! I find myself thinking "It's thursday, only 3 more days until Rachel's marathon..."

I can't wait to see you go through it. You're gonna be awesome.

 
At 7:53 PM, Blogger Anne said...

Let me add to the tide of well-wishers that you can draw upon when fatigue and doubt set in. It sounds like you've trained well and are physically and mentally ready to tackle the race. Good luck!

 
At 8:29 PM, Blogger About Me: said...

hurrah for miami!
have a mojito for me after the race. cheers! good luck!

ps thanks for comment re:blog. i think highlighting local blogs is a great idea/addition to the proposal.

 
At 8:42 PM, Blogger Dallen said...

Good luck from me! I wish I was there to root you on, and not just because it is in Miami. Just like Danny I am counting the days.

 
At 8:54 PM, Blogger Iron Jayhawk said...

You are SOOOO going to rock this race. You've already done the hard part...you've stuck with the training for months and months, put in all those miles...the marathon is simply the reward. When you're out there..ENJOY YOURSELF! Stop and take a look around...it's an amazing feeling.

And don't let your nerves get the best of you like they did with me. Pre-race yaking isn't a good thing.

I can't wait for your race report. Have fun and run like you stole something!!

 
At 9:33 PM, Blogger Rich said...

All your hard work over so many cold cold days is going to pay off big time!! You are so ready! Have a great race!!

 
At 10:18 PM, Blogger Darrell said...

Rae, you are gonna love it. Can't wait to hear all about it. Have a great race

 
At 10:37 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Good luck Rachel! I believe that you have done an excellent job in your training and have remained so focused with your long runs. I have faith that you will have no problems and will meet whatever goals that you have inside your head. Don't let nerves get to you. It will be a magical day. I can't wait to hear about it.

 
At 10:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good Luck! You'll do awesome! :-D

 
At 2:56 AM, Blogger CJ said...

Good luck Rae - not that you need it, you've trained for this! How exciting - wish I was there to watch but will be thinking of you!

Will be looking forward to reading all about it!

GOOD LUCK! KICK ASS!

 
At 4:31 AM, Blogger BuckeyeRunner said...

I am so excited for you!!! This is going to be awesome. I'll be thinking of you this weekend, and sending good vibes your way. Good Luck!!!!!

 
At 4:52 AM, Blogger Liz said...

So excited for you!!! Can't wait to read the AAR (that is army lingo for After Action Report).

I will be checking out your suggested music!!!

Kick some butt in Miami!

 
At 5:05 AM, Blogger Kurt in Boston said...

Good luck in Miami, Rae!

No need to be nervous - you're ready.

 
At 6:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're going to do awesome in Miami! Have a great time and travel safe!

 
At 6:37 AM, Blogger Cliff said...

Kick ass.it will be a blast.

 
At 6:51 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Rock On Rae! Bring it home...

 
At 7:25 AM, Blogger Mia Goddess said...

It's so exciting! I've been thinking about you guys all week...I can't believe it's finally here! You are so ready.

 
At 7:35 AM, Blogger E-Speed said...

Good Luck!

 
At 7:50 AM, Blogger lainb said...

GOOD LUCK!!!! You're going to do GRRRRRREAT!! :) You should be so proud of yourself & this huge accomplishment!

 
At 8:06 AM, Blogger ShoreTurtle said...

You go girl!

 
At 8:12 AM, Blogger mouse said...

THIS IS IT!!! I'm so excited for you! you are going to rock this 'thon! I'll be cheering you on, Rae!

 
At 8:16 AM, Blogger brent d. said...

I'll be waiting for you at mile 16!! GO TEAM RACHEL.com!!!!!!

 
At 11:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You go girl!!

 
At 12:18 PM, Blogger Jaykay said...

Hi Rachel.....good luck!

 
At 12:23 PM, Blogger April Anne said...

Best of luck! You will do great!

 
At 1:40 PM, Blogger Garou said...

Good luck! Run well and have fun this weekend.

 
At 2:40 PM, Blogger Triathamom said...

Have an amazing 1st marathon! I can't wait for pics & details!!! You guys are such an inspiration, not to mention that most of your entries crack me up!!!

 
At 3:23 PM, Blogger Hilda said...

Enjoy, good luck, happy days, joy!!

 
At 3:39 PM, Blogger Tiggs said...

Rae- you GO GIRL!!!!

 
At 4:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck and have a great time!!

 
At 4:46 PM, Blogger Legs and Wings said...

Relax...enjoy...run your race!

 
At 5:56 PM, Blogger Kim said...

AHHHH! I hoped to catch you before you left. Have a great time. I know you'll do great..you are so well prepared!
Wishing you luck and light as feather feet!

 
At 10:24 PM, Blogger Dawn - Pink Chick Tris said...

Hope you kicked butt today!!

 
At 4:32 PM, Blogger brent said...

i can't wait to read your full report rae!! i'm sure you rocked!!

 
At 7:04 PM, Blogger Tammy said...

Already got your time from Brent's blog... you kick ass!!! Way to go Rae! Someday I hope I can be like you *sob*.

 
At 9:19 AM, Blogger D said...

GREAT JOB RACHEL!!!!!! I hope you are still relaxing and enjoying the beach. Can't wait for your report!!!

 
At 11:40 AM, Blogger onepinkfuzzy said...

with all the craziness in my life this weekend, I didn't get a chance to come over here pre-race, but I wanted to let you know I was cheering for you the whole day - I checked out Brent's site and saw the pics - yay!!! Good job!!!!! Can't wait for the report

 

Post a Comment

<< Home