Saturday, February 11, 2006

Quickie Update!

Hey! Just a quick update on today's race. A) There was NO blizzard. It snowed a little last night and then was raining before we went to bed, washing away the snow. When we got up this morning it had just started snowing pretty hard but only sticking to the grass. On our way into downtown it wasn't snowing at all, and was pretty dang sunny. B) I finished in 26.45. My goal for today was 27, so I should be happy but I'm so stinking competitive that all I can think about was that it's almost a minute slower than my PR. It was a hilly course and I was pretty happy not to be among the tons of people dry heaving at the finish line! Seriously, it was pretty nasty!!!! So, this was my recovery 5K and you better believe next time I am going FULL out!!

Lots of pics later but for now we have a Preds hockey game to go to! Hope all your training runs and races went FANGTASTIC today! (I love the picture to the right of the kid hugging Gnash, our mascot!)

10 Comments:

At 3:18 PM, Blogger BuckeyeRunner said...

Glad it was snow-free for your race! Way to go - that's a great time!!

 
At 4:05 PM, Blogger onepinkfuzzy said...

good job!

 
At 4:41 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Nice job Rae!

 
At 5:01 PM, Blogger David said...

Good time young lady. Now is not the time to be PRing so soon after a marathon. Maybe next time.
Go Preds! (unless they're playing the Rangers or Lightning).

 
At 7:06 PM, Blogger jeanne said...

Congrats!!! And don't we all in the South know by now that "snow" in the forecast = "maybe, possibly, it's in the realm of possibilities"--?? :)

 
At 11:01 PM, Blogger Iron Jayhawk said...

Congrats on beating your goal time! And thank goodness you had a snow-free race...those can be brutal.

 
At 3:35 AM, Blogger Cliff said...

Congrats...remember u are still recovering from your marathon :)...maybe this can be consider as a PB during a marathon recovery period.

 
At 7:10 AM, Blogger E-Speed said...

od job! Don't underestimate hills and teh fact that you just ran a marathon!

(although a race in the next month should be pr material if you rest correctly because the marathon should have given you peak fitness!)

 
At 9:19 AM, Blogger Dawn - Pink Chick Tris said...

Awesome. Great time for a 5km. Tell me your secret...lol.

 
At 6:55 PM, Blogger Tammy said...

Damn girl. You = machine.

Glad you didn't get the storm. I saw pics on the news of Philly.... yuck.

It was sunny and 55 F here today. I had a lovely bike ride :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home