Monday, February 20, 2006

Presidents suck

If anyone wants to know why I can't stand the government here's a reason. What's the deal with a "national holiday" that only some people get??? As you can see, Brent celebrated in his own special way, and I mostly sat at my desk pretending to work observing the holiday in my own special way as well. I should've just tripped on the dangerous steps and called it a day.

Besides Saturday's fun snow run we didn't do a lot this past weekend. Friday was an extra crappy day at work so I had to medicate with food and two mango margaritas at Chilis that night. Somehow I don't seem to remember much about what went so wrong at work. (Actually, I do but it's all "confidential" and too many ppl silently stalk this blog for me to talk about it.) We watched Waiting Friday night. It was really cute, just a silly little movie. Saturday night we cancelled dinner plans with some peeps on the other side of town and had dinner at a nearby pizza joint instead. We became one of "those couples" who sat on the same side of the table -not so we could cuddle, but so we could both see the TV to watch the Olympics. Afterwards we grabbed some dessert and watched more Olympics at home. The highlight of our viewing experience was watching a Dutch speed skater adjust himself and make an extremely relieved face afterwards. We replayed it with TiVo a dozen times laughing harder each time until Pippin became so disturbed he charged me and licked me straight in the mouth. Ewww!! We're not that close.

Sunday it was ASS cold when I got up. 12 degrees with a "feels like" of 7. Blee blah. The snow was all still there for a change! Yeah!! Pippin was so cold I made him wear his sweater all day. He hates his sweater, but he was shaking all the time. I have to keep it folded up, otherwise if it gets to close to his lower abs he freezes up and acts like his legs don't work. It's very strange.

Many a snowball have been thrown in and around our house recently! This snow has made for great packing. We've had snow stuck to our walls and this one even stuck to Brent's forehead!! He pegged me big time yesterday afternoon right in the back of my head. It HURT! Most of the snow melted today. It looked pretty gross coming out of the drainage thingie from the roof of our office complex.










And of course we didn't win Powerball. What's up with that??? It stinks that someone in Nebraska won it. I think Nebraska is by far the ugliest, most boring of all the 36 states we have traveled to so far together. We couldn't wait to get out of there.

This pic is from last week. We wanted to be cool like everyone else and shovel our sidewalk. Luckily it didn't take very long!

Also, one day last week we had to drive separately to work. The daily traffic job was a bear as usual. (Thank goodness we only have to go two miles in this mess. I'd die if I had to go 19 more to downtown!) And then....something unusual caught my eye! A car with something in the back window.....it was a Boston Terrier! The dog was curled up enjoying the sun through the glass. A dog after Pip's own heart! Except I always have Pippin secured in a doggie safety belt because I LOVE HIM AND ALL. It was pretty easy to get a pic since we weren't moving anyway! Too funny.










Have a great rest of the week everyone!!

Rachel

P.S. More pics of Pippin "enjoying" the snow are over on his blog.

Exercise-
Thurs - 1 mile am walk with Pippin, 4 mile run
Fri - 1 mile am walk with Pippin
Sat - 8 mile run w/Brent
Sun - 6 mile run, 20 minutes toning (abs), 50 sets of stairs (11.30 minutes)

26 Comments:

At 6:13 PM, Blogger mouse said...

hahaha! yes, we were IM-ing. I mean WORKING of course, on this lovely holiday that we all don't seem to have off. but for the record, he stole the idea from me. I really did take that picture to send/complain to airforcefriend.

pips is so cute I think I'm going to die. and the idea of him freezing up and pretending his legs don't work is making me laugh hysterically.

 
At 6:26 PM, Blogger Simba's Mom said...

I love Pippin's sweater. It is very cute. Sorry you had to work today!

 
At 6:27 PM, Blogger ShoreTurtle said...

That is so cute! Brent is shoveling the snow with a garden shovel. Sadly, that won't cut it up here in the Northern states.

 
At 6:35 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I was expecting more of a political post with the title and all. Sorry you had to work today.

 
At 6:51 PM, Blogger Cliff said...

Were u driving when u take that doggie pic??

Traffic is what the FM transmitter, MP3 player and GYGO is for.. :)

 
At 7:05 PM, Blogger Trisaratops said...

mmmmmm...mango margaritas...:) I love that you said ASS cold. That about sums it up for me, too! ha ha Pippin is a cutie!!! Mugsy has a shirt that says, "Bitches Love Me" and he hates it but I love it. :)

 
At 7:19 PM, Blogger Rich said...

Good Lord, Pippen has his own blog?! That's too funny. Your posts are a blast to read ... thanks for sharing your life's little moments, like you two laughing silly just by yourselves! Pippen's not nuts - you two probably did look goofy to him!

 
At 7:33 PM, Blogger KT said...

I'm with you on Prez Day. As a law firm employee, I always think we should get the day off whenever the courts are closed. So what if I'm in marketing? If the litigators can't work, I shouldn't have to...

Pippin is super-cute, and I find myself wishing that my dog was little enough to require sweaters. Although she is perfect in every other way.

 
At 7:37 PM, Blogger Danny said...

lmao at that "shoveling" picture!!

 
At 8:05 PM, Blogger jeanne said...

i went into work today, too, to do my TAXES. how bad does that suck?? I need a day off from my day off.

yeah, that's a pretty funny shoveling pic!! You two are TOO CUTE! (or should i say three?)

 
At 8:09 PM, Blogger Iron Jayhawk said...

I swear, you blog makes me want to move back to TN!! Argh! I know exactly where that exit ramp is, too. :sigh:

Like Pippin, Phog also hates his sweaters. He's actually managed to chew himself out of one before.

Anyhoo...great time on the stairs! I cannot wait for the Hustle to be over with this Sunday. By the time it's over and done with I'll need a pitcher of mango margaritas!!

 
At 8:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i can't believe Pippin has a blog...

 
At 10:14 PM, Blogger Cory said...

"Blee blah!" You could be one of those olympic Curl Girls with all your isms.

HURRY HARD!
YYYYYYYYYYEP! YYYYYYYYYYEP!
BLEE BLAH!

 
At 11:12 PM, Blogger Darrell said...

funny stuff!

 
At 4:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that's so funny about pippin's legs...baruch pulls similar stuff when walking on snow. she needs booties, i think...she'll just stop walking, lift one foot up, and then stare at me.

 
At 11:14 AM, Blogger E-Speed said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the shoveling pic! Too funny!

 
At 11:17 AM, Blogger onepinkfuzzy said...

okay, I must be the weirdest person alive. I actually enjoyed working president's day! all my clients had the day off, so it made for an easy day...

Cute pic of brent shoveling the snow!

 
At 12:44 PM, Blogger Cory said...

President's Day President's Day President's Day. I wasn't even aware it was yesterday. I heard and read it mentioned a few times, but it didn't sink in. Is it just me, or do we have way too many holidays?

Happy Pineapple Pizza with Tabasco Day, Everybody.

 
At 5:29 PM, Blogger Hilda said...

I thought all of you american were "celebrating".
Well it looks like you have this special smell to find this dogs, Pipin looks so cute wearing his sweater!!
I was just wondering about people running with snow and then open your blog and see you there... definitely a great day for a workout!!!

 
At 7:06 PM, Blogger Johnny Lyons said...

The schools out here in Tucson don't even celebrate Presidents Day, they celebrate Rodeo Days. Sounds strange to me - yee haw!

 
At 7:17 PM, Blogger Mia Goddess said...

Hey, I worked yesterday too. Boo. And no cute little puppy in a ridiculous sweater to cheer me up.

 
At 8:57 PM, Blogger Cory said...

Interesting comment, Johnny. I used to go to a boarding school in the Phoenix suburb of Paradise Valley, AZ. I don't recall us having "rodeo days" but we did actually have a rodeo team, which I thought was completely bizarre, but I guess it's a legit HS sport out there.

Some damn fine line dancers at our school dances, too. Hokey, but impressive! Even the "cool kids" did it.

I kind of miss that in PA.

 
At 2:01 AM, Blogger CJ said...

Can't say I've tried mango margaritsa - must give it a try!

So what's with this Presidents Day - who does get the day off?

It still hot and sunny over our way I'm dreading when it gets cold.

 
At 3:00 AM, Blogger Scott said...

Your blog should be a newspaper column in the Life Section. Very very funny and enjoyable.

 
At 1:01 PM, Blogger RedheadFangirl said...

Only you can pack mango margaritas, ass cold, dogs in sweaters, tivo replays and garden shovels in a single blog post!

 
At 3:46 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

And that the hand-activated back drum readymag.com/ brakes make you feel in control.Website As comfy as the baby WHEN BUYING A JOGGING STROLLER, what TO LOOK stroller was for the jogger, it was even much better for the motorcyclist.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home