Thursday, September 29, 2005

BRRRR!

Hey guys! Two more days until my birthday! I love having a birthday on a Saturday this year, I would hate to be at work right now for my birthday! I still don't know what Brent has planned for my big day, he's been pretty undercover with it and that's fine with me.

I woke up to a VERY cold morning today! On the news they had said a cool front was coming through and that the high would be in the mid 70's today, but they didn't say that would be at 1 am! I walked out with Pippin for our 5:30 am walk and it was SO windy. It knocked us both back instantly and we shared that look of 'Wow! Do we really want to do this??' I think the rain had just ended, but there was still a light mist. The last few days have been perfect, nice and cool with a great breeze. We've been enjoying it as much as possible, which basically means we get to sit outside for a quick lunch and then I stare out the windows during hella long budget meetings. However, I was NOT enjoying the weather this morning! We made our first lap and met one of our neighbors heading out for her morning dog walk who was even more surprised by the chill in the air than I was. I've been wearing a light jacket every morning since the daylight has turned to pitch black, but she was in shorts and a T-shirt! I wished I had my heavy jacket though. This is probably crazy to those of you in the north - the temp was around 55 but that's friggin cold around here. The 'perfect' weather earlier this week was low 80's which is a huge change from the high 90's we've had all summer. Anyway, we ate outside today at lunch and even though I sat in the sun and was wearing a light sweater I had chill bumps the whole time. (It was prob high 60's, but the breeze was cool.)

So, I knew when we headed out for our run at 8 tonight it would be pretty cool. I think the temperature was probably around 60. I drug my running tights out of the back of the closet and off we went. It's so funny because I know nights like this back in March or Feb would have caused me to pull my running tanks and shorts out of the back of the closet! We had decided on a nice, slow tempo 5 mile ton tonight. We stayed together the whole way, averaging around 10 minute miles, chatting about our days and just life in general. It was a perfect run - good company, nice, even pace, and great weather. The weekend is supposed to be perfect as well. Brent seems VERY interested in what Saturday's weather forecast was. He SAID that was because we're planning to go to Dog Day on Saturday afternoon if there's time in-between our activities. All I know is that we have 3 reservations/appointments and that one is very early in the morning. I'm so excited!!

That's about it from here! Good luck to everyone on their races and long runs this weekend, and a SPECIAL good luck to 'the other' Brent who is running his first marathon this weekend up in beautiful MN! He's going to do GREAT!!

Rachel

Exercise -

Wed - 1 mile am walk with Pippin, 40 minutes elliptical trainer, 20 minutes toning/stretching
Thurs - 1 mile am walk with Pippin, 5.3 mile run, 20 minutes yoga/toning

7 Comments:

At 6:29 AM, Blogger lainb said...

i know!! brrrrrrr! i woke up this morning FREEZING! I hope winter doesn't arrive before it's due this year.

make sure you find out from Brent what you should wear on Saturday! You don't want to be wearing a dress if his surprise for you is a 5k. lol ;)

 
At 6:41 AM, Blogger Simba's Mom said...

Have a great birthday! I am excited to hear what Brent planned for you!

 
At 9:39 AM, Blogger Tiggs said...

i love fall!!!!!!!!!! Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!

 
At 1:11 AM, Blogger Hutch said...

Happy birthday!!!!!!!! I hope you guys have fun with whatever Brent has planned.

I am in Washington D.C. anxiously waiting for the start of my race on Sunday morning:)

 
At 4:29 AM, Blogger CJ said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY for Saturday. Hope you have a lovely day.

 
At 7:13 AM, Blogger lainb said...

IT'S SATURDAY....YOUR BIRTHDAY!! I was going to email you birthday wishes, until I realized that I don't have your email. So here goes: HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR RAE, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!!
Wishing you a WONDERFUL day! :)

 
At 6:48 PM, Blogger brent said...

happy bday!! i hope it was a good one. yeah 55 up here is a LITTLE chilly but just about near "perfect". heh. thanks for the shout out! woohoo!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home