Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Autumn Bliss

Whew! It was a gorgeous day here in TN. Work was HECTIC but I managed to get in and out in just under 10 hours. I squeezed in a quick 20 minute lunch break around 1:30 and sat outside on the picnic tables (aka smokers hangout. Where are the non-smokers supposed to go to enjoy the outdoors without getting 2nd hand lung cancer??) It was beautiful! A strong breeze and nice cool temps made it the perfect day to NOT be at work!! Tonight we had some baked salmon and steamed veggies for dinner, it (the salmon) smelled a lot better than it tasted. After dinner settled we geared up for an 8 pm run. It felt GREAT! The first mile or so was actually a little chilly and I started thinking about all the great fall running clothes I haven't worn in months! I had a great pace tonight - I ended up doing 5.5 miles in right around 47 minutes - I knocked a little over half a minute off my fastest time at this distance. Two miles (mile one and three) were slightly over 9 minutes - Mile 1 was 9:08 (warm-up) and Mile 3 was 9:01. It would've been under 9 but Brent yelled out for me to stop so he could let me know he was headed back to the house b/c his stomach was a little under the weather. Mile 4 and 5 were at 8:22! The last half mile was at a 7:53 pace!! It felt great! I love the days when you just feel like you could fly and all is well with the world.

That's it for today!

Rachel

Tues - 2/3 mile am walk with Pippin (cut short so I could get to work early), 5.5 mile evening run, 2/3 mile pm walk with Pippin, 20 minutes yoga/toning (focus:upper body)

7 Comments:

At 4:52 AM, Blogger ShoreTurtle said...

It sounds like a great run! (for you!) I sympathize with Brent.

Walking into work, I had a sort of a deja vu feeling. It was a nice Fall morning. The air was cool and for a moment or two I felt the anticipation of an early morning Fall race.

 
At 6:07 AM, Blogger D said...

Fall weather - awesome!! You had a great run! Hope Brent is feeling ok. I neglected to walk my dogs after my run last night. I'll have to walk them tonight!

Thanks for the blogging advice. I will send an email to you today.

 
At 6:14 AM, Blogger D said...

By the way, hasn't your birthday past?? How was your day?

 
At 10:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Running after a long day at work... good for you! I wish I could drag my butt outside for a run in the evenings! :-)

 
At 1:29 PM, Blogger lainb said...

I know - kudos to you for having the energy to run after a 10 hour work day!

Was Brent's stomach off due to the salmon?

 
At 3:29 AM, Blogger CJ said...

It should be getting warmer here now that we are in Spring but today was a reminder that Winter is never too far away! I am so looking forward to Summer - I love hot weather. I find it really difficult to run at the end of the day - usually my motivation levels ahave bottomed right out and I just want to go home and veg out. Is it your birthday this coming Saturday?

 
At 2:04 PM, Blogger Tiggs said...

gee it was only like 100 degrees here yesterday- and a cool 98 when I ran at 7pm. I miss fall!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home