Friday, September 23, 2005

One long week

Man, it feels like forever since I've posted. This has been one long week short on sleep and running, and long on work. I think I've mentioned before this is my 'budget season', but I swear the stupid budget is the only thing I've worked on since I started this retarded job in May. I hate budgets and numbers and I really don't want to do anything work related anymore. So, all this to say most days this week I worked 10-13 hour days and that doesn't leave a lot of time for anything else, does it??? I did fit in a 5 mile run Tues night. I didn't get out 'til late, and Brent was still not up to running with his injuries. I gave Brent my path plan and an estimated finish time so he'd know when to start the rescue mission if I never showed back up. It was a really tough 5-miler, I was a full two minutes slower than my time on last Tuesday. With all the stress I just didn't have the energy to give the pavement a proper spanking, I was just glad to be moving and not sitting on my rear staring at a computer screen. There weren't very many people out that late, but an albino frog did cross my path! After the snake incident from Sunday's run it nearly gave me a heart attack!!! That's the only run I've had this week, and I haven't had a chance to do any other exercise outside of my morning walks with Pippin.

We have a 15K tomorrow, so I didn't want to log a lot of miles this week, but I would have liked a 4-miler yesterday and some other light aerobics/yoga to keep me stretched out and stress free. When I work like this I also don't eat right, so I don't think tomorrow's run will be anything for the record books. I tried to plan accordingly (since I knew this week would be hell) so several days I brought left-overs in so we'd have something semi-healthy to shove down during a quick lunch break. I really haven't been too bad until today, when there were a lot of sweets brought in for someone's birthday. The damage ended up at one small piece of cake, 3 or 4 cookies, and a brownie. Back in the day I would have had quite a few additional cookies. And I had two cookies last night. Oh yeah, and a doughnut this morning. It just didn't do anything for me, I don't think I'll eat them again. I used to eat like 6 of them, and the one I ate this morning felt like it weighed 100 pounds in my stomach. I love how that stuff really grosses me out now!!

Well, time to get some rest (finally) and eat something healthy for tomorrow morning's run. Wish us luck!!

Rachel

Exercise log-
Tues - 1 mile am walk with Pippin & Brent, 5 mile run, 20 minutes yoga/pilates (focus:spine)
Wed - 1 mile am walk with Pippin
Thurs - 1 mile am walk with Pippin & Brent
Fri - 1 mile am walk with Pippin

7 Comments:

At 5:11 PM, Blogger Dawn - Pink Chick Tris said...

Good job on the run. I don't mind frogs. But I'm with you on the snakes. I spotted one on a lower path while cycling last year. I don't run or ride that path during the summer any more...lol.

 
At 8:15 PM, Blogger lainb said...

Good luck tomorrow Rae!! I know you'll do great!

 
At 5:22 AM, Blogger CJ said...

While work is really stressful you might be better just running for the sake of rumnning - not trying to go fast, or beat a certain time. Just enjoy being outdoors and running. However I can really relate to not enjoying budget stuff - that happens in my job sometimes and I hate it! Numbers are not my thing!

 
At 8:24 AM, Blogger Hilda said...

Hello, it sounds like you are mentally prepared for this run, and it is so importat as the rest, so good luck in the run, enjoy and and relief all that stress on the road.
It is incredible how this stress life takes you far from where you really wish to stay.
smile as you run as cj did!!

 
At 5:59 PM, Blogger BuckeyeRunner said...

Cool site. Hope the 15K went well...looking forward to the update.

 
At 6:48 PM, Blogger ShoreTurtle said...

An albino frog? You're a regular Dr. Doolittle. All the animals come out to see you run!

 
At 7:25 AM, Blogger brent said...

i would say good luck but i think i'm too late! shame on me. i hope it went well!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home