Monday, April 06, 2009

Week 1 in Review

Happy Monday!! Week 1 of my "comeback" went great, as well as I could really expect. I feel like if I keep making myself do my toughest workout first thing in the am while Lilli (normally) takes a pretty decent nap I can make a good go of it. Here's how it ended up for the week:

Sunday: Burn and Firm Pilates DVD (50 mins)
M: 3.5 miles, Walking with Stroller (prob 2 miles), Perf Abs DVD (17 mins)
T: 4 miles, Perf Abs DVD (17 mins)
W: 4 miles
Th: 4 miles, Perf Abs
F: 2 miles, Walk with Stroller (prob 2 miles)
Sat: Rest Day (but still walked 1 mile to go out for ice cream!)

My goal for the week was 17 run miles and I ended with 17.5 so that's a Win! My weekly weight loss goal is 3 lbs, and I ended up losing 2 pounds. (The previous wk I lost 3). I can't be upset with that, 2 pounds is still something and makes a big difference in how things are fitting. I wasn't horribly upset with the Easter dress size I ended up buying, either. It's still not my goal size at all, but much better than the awful size I was in just 3 weeks ago. All that to say, I still have 11 pounds to lose and hope I can do most of that in these last 4 weeks I have off.

A lot of spring showers kept Lilli and I from strolling as much as we usually do. She even had her first "take cover in the closet" during one severe round Thurs afternoon. It really didn't seem like a bad one to me, but with her here I wanted to keep us all safe. (On a side note Brent couldn't believe I didn't snap a few pics of me, Pippin and Lilli in the closet - that really WASN'T priority #1 at the time!!)

It's still certainly not easy to get running in with a 10 wk old around. Some runs involved me popping off the dreadmill a billion times to replace a paci, swaddle a fussy, sleepy baby, and there were a few times things in the dining room fell and crashed - like Pippin's dog food on one very happy morning for him! Nothing like finishing a run smelling like sweat mixed with 5 pounds of Iams dog food. But, I am very committed to getting back in shape and as much as I dread my solitary morning runs in a stuffy dining room it's just what HAS to be done.

Have a great week!

5 Comments:

At 5:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice job - keep up the good work. I'm sure that your dress looks cute on you no matter what size.

 
At 6:16 PM, Blogger David said...

Lili will be happier for you being a happier, slimmer, faster mom.

 
At 5:09 AM, Blogger Anne said...

Glad you're developing a new routine that includes exercise. That'll save your sanity once you add full-time work to the mix.

 
At 8:36 PM, Blogger MNFirefly said...

Such a cutie!

 
At 6:24 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

air force, nike trainers, sac longchamp, sac guess, tn pas cher, coach outlet, new balance pas cher, ray ban pas cher, air max, timberland, true religion jeans, north face, nike roshe, nike free run uk, abercrombie and fitch, vans pas cher, michael kors, michael kors, ralph lauren pas cher, burberry, michael kors, ralph lauren uk, hollister pas cher, nike free, lacoste pas cher, true religion outlet, air jordan pas cher, nike blazer, louboutin pas cher, true religion jeans, nike roshe run, vanessa bruno, hogan, longchamp pas cher, ray ban uk, lululemon, converse pas cher, longchamp, hollister, mulberry, nike air max, michael kors, nike huarache, nike air max, replica handbags, north face, coach purses, oakley pas cher, nike air max, true religion jeans, hermes

 

Post a Comment

<< Home