Monday, March 02, 2009

Ready to Run?

Oh wow! Is this thing still on???

I can't believe it's been almost a month since I posted here, but I think I have a 9 lb excuse as to why we're a little busy! I do keep Lilli's (private) blog updated with pics most every day, and most people I keep in touch with on Facebook anyway.

So, Lilli's 5 weeks old + a couple of days and this afternoon I go back to my doc for my check-up. I'm hoping he says I'm ok to start running and working out again because I've still got 15 of my 37 pregnant pounds to lose. Ugh!!! The weather's been so cold here I can't say I've missed running, but I am ready to get back out there and work up a major sweat. I still need to get a running stroller though. As much as I'd love a Baby Jogger or BOB I just can't justify the expense. I think I may get a Giant, they make good bikes so shouldn't their stroller be good? It's very similar to the other two, with 20 inch wheels, so I think it may be comparable at half the price.

As far as 09 races go, I'm not sure. Definitely nothing longer than a half marathon, and maybe not even one of those. The last thing I want to do is spend all Saturday mornings out running a billion miles while the fam is at home having a great time without me. I've got shelves full of medals and trophies but only one baby girl!

So, that's all the workout news around here! And of course..... here's an updated Lilli pic!

6 Comments:

At 7:24 AM, Blogger Darrell said...

What a complete and total cutie. There is no doubt that she has stolen your heart. Enjoy every minute, it goes by so fast. (trust me I know)

There's also no doubt you'll be active again soon.

 
At 8:08 PM, Blogger MNFirefly said...

Enjoy your time with Lilli. The time will go fast. The pounds will come off, but will take time unfortunately.

 
At 1:45 AM, Blogger Legs and Wings said...

She couldn't be any cuter eh. That's beautiful. Don't be in any big rush for her to grow up.

 
At 2:00 PM, Blogger David said...

She's already growing up - just in five weeks.
Hope some spring temps will drive you out in your sneakers.

 
At 6:43 PM, Blogger Alexandra De Victor said...

She is beautiful!

Also, Keep an eye on Craigslist when it comes to the jogging strollers. My cousin found one for cheeeeeap! They are a godsend :]

Good luck with your bundle of joy!

 
At 7:49 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

What a beautiful photo! I hope the running is going well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home