Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Mean, Mean Wii

Hey everyone! I'm still around....no baby yet. The two most common things I hear on a daily basis are "Are you Ready?" and "How much longer?" This week I have complete strangers ask me how much longer...and yet they look shocked when I say next week! I mean, if you're bold enough to ask, wouldn't you think it would be sometime really soon???? I seriously have to plan way ahead for random "stoppings" in the hall. I had a meeting this afternoon and I made sure to leave way ahead so I'd have plenty of time to get a refill for my beverage, and sure enough I was stopped 3 times and ended up about 5 minutes late! But it is nice to have so many people care, and we've gotten an absolute insane amount of stuff for babygirl. I bought about 100 thank-you cards thinking that would be more than plenty, and I'm down to about 10 left, with a few more to write for things we've received this week. It's very fun to come home and have surprise packages on the porch, and we feel very blessed for all the people in our lives who already care so much for babygirl!

Anyway, things are "progressing" (without sharing TMI), and we're on the books to be induced on the 29th! So, just over a week, max, and we should have a little sis for Pippin to lick and sit on! Very exciting stuff. And we're about as ready as we can be. Everything is washed, assembled, and I really can't think of anything big or small that we "need".

I'm still working out, last week I made it to the gym twice. That's not a great record, but between doc appts, pediatrician interviews, etc I only had two available days to go. I did the elliptical one day and the treadmill the other, and I still walk a mile in the afternoons with one of my coworkers (on the days we don't have conflicting meetings, etc.) So, I'm still staying active and feeling good. Each time I leave the gym I wonder if it's my last pre-baby workout, and man, do I look forward to some post-baby workouts and just burning some calories.

Speaking of, we got a Wii Fit back when they came out last summer. I think it's a fun toy and all, but nothing I would consider a weight loss tool. But, it's still a nice way to track your weight and the games are fun. I quit using it sometime back in August or so when it moved me into overweight and got a little "rude" about it! But I did want to get back on it so I'd have a high point to help me track my weight loss, post baby. Saturday I popped on, and here's how the Wii Fit treated me:

First, it declared me Obese. (Niice).








Then it wanted me to consider what could cause such a huge weight gain....









And they offered me some suggestions.....none of them really applied and after considering Indigestion I ended up going with "I don't know".








Then it got a little "smart" with me about not knowing.....








And then it kicked me in the face by rounding out my Mii, adding the weight gain and making me look like a Weeble-Wobble.









So yeah, pregnant people - the Wii Fit is mean and they need to add a pregnancy option to that sucker!

I didn't get to watch the inauguration today (lots o' meetings at work), but I have gotten to read various snippets of it online. The job of Prez is one I'd never want, and no matter if the person you voted for won or not, you have to support someone in that tough a job. I disagree with many things Bush did, but it's still rude to boo him on his final moments in office. We've all done stupid things, but most of us don't have them broadcast publicly, and he deserves respect for all the things he has done right, and for protecting us the last 8 years. And whether or not I agree with the new Prez he also deserves my respect, too! So anyway, here's some snippets of Warren's invocation, which hopefully a lot of people will take to heart in these crazy times. Have a great night!

Help us, oh God, to remember that we are Americans, are united not by race or religion or blood but by our commitment to freedom and justice for all.

When we focus on ourselves, when we fight each other, when we forget you, forgive us. . . . When we fail to treat our fellow human beings and all the Earth with the respect they deserve, forgive us.

May we have...civility in our attitude, even where we differ. Help us to share, to serve, and to seek the common good of all.

1 Comments:

At 8:00 PM, Blogger Rich said...

Amen!

To be honest, I don't agree with everything he stands for, but those words are spot on!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home