Sunday, January 11, 2009

And then there were 3.....and thankfully Jack Bauer saved them all.

Pretty much 10 minutes after I wrote my last post Jennifer Garner had her baby, so that leaves 3 celebs between me and BabyGirl, and 2 of them really don't count since I don't even know who they are. So, Alison Sweeney (from Days + Biggest Loser), who is due about 11 days before me, is all that stands between us and a BABY.

One of the other major "milestones" for me has also happened now - the season premier of 24! FINALLY!!!! It seems like FOREVER since we've had the always fab Jack Bauer out saving the world. When we heard the season would start in mid-January I remember thinking "Hmmm....we'll almost have a baby then!" And here we are - the awesome season opener just ended, and we're 2.5 weeks from a kid, tops! Crazy!

I've had other, non-celeb, non-TV goals, too. One of my goals was to keep hitting the gym through the end of December, which I did plus some. I made it to the Y twice last week. It's hard with all the doc appointments and other stuff going on, so whenever I do have a normal day I try my best to get over there. I would've made it 3 days if I knew the pediatrician we were going to interview was going to have to move our appointment at the last minute. Oh well! The downtown Y buildout is almost done, and the new areas look SO awesome! Of course it all opens up the first week of February, so one of babygirl's first outings may be just to walk through it and see this place she's already been so many times. They've already gotten a ton of great new equipment over the last few weeks, including a few new machines I can't wait to try. And they opened up the expanded parts of the women's locker room, and it is SO nice!

It's funny, but now that I'm so close to D-day I am in total "game day" mode. I'm huge on visualization, in anything I set out to accomplish. When I was taking the CPA exam (back when they actually made it difficult, vs now when it's all multiple choice and you can take it ONE part at a time, pansies), I would visualize passing it every day when I was studying, and I completely hit my goals. Granted I studied a minimum of 1-2 hours every single night for about 9 months, plus a LOT more on weekends, but I think visualization was a huge part of it. And same thing with my first marathon, every training run I'd visual the finish, and how I wanted to feel, and honestly, that was the "easiest" of all my marathons because I took it so seriously. Well, I'm already there and ready for whatever labor brings. Everything after - well, that's a totally different story! But I am SO ready to get back in shape, and hopefully a January baby means I'll have plenty of time to be swimsuit ready before the pools reopen on Memorial Day!

Well, that's all I've got for now! At tomorrow's doc appointment we'll get to pick an induce date, so that's pretty exciting - a final "light" at the end of the tunnel, if she doesn't decide to arrive earlier. Other than that, we're mostly just waiting for her to show up, and doing final things around the house. We had our last shower today, so I have a ton of thank-yous I'd like to wrap up this week & get the new things put away.

Have a great week!

7 Comments:

At 8:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG! I thought you had the baby while I was gone!

 
At 6:13 AM, Blogger ShoreTurtle said...

I'm with you on the visualization. That's a great idea.

I'm not sure about you and Brent having your last shower until she arrives. Brent may start to smell. In fact, I think he needs to shower now.

 
At 7:20 AM, Blogger Tiggs said...

I am really excited for you Rae....can't wait to hear that baby girl is here!

 
At 5:25 PM, Blogger David said...

Sounds you're just about ready. What's Brent doing to prepare?

 
At 6:22 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

ninest123 16.01
louis vuitton, michael kors outlet, ray ban sunglasses, tiffany and co, louis vuitton, chanel handbags, replica watches, ugg boots, prada outlet, tiffany jewelry, oakley sunglasses, louis vuitton outlet, nike air max, oakley sunglasses, prada handbags, burberry outlet online, ray ban sunglasses, replica watches, longchamp outlet, oakley sunglasses, jordan shoes, oakley sunglasses, michael kors outlet, ugg boots, louis vuitton, polo ralph lauren outlet, uggs on sale, burberry, michael kors outlet, longchamp, ugg boots, gucci outlet, michael kors, nike outlet, louis vuitton outlet, louboutin outlet, louboutin, polo ralph lauren outlet, nike air max, nike free, christian louboutin outlet, michael kors outlet, michael kors outlet, cheap oakley sunglasses, ugg boots, ray ban sunglasses, longchamp outlet, louboutin shoes, tory burch outlet

 
At 6:30 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

bottes ugg, louis vuitton, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, replica watches, canada goose, doke gabbana outlet, moncler, sac louis vuitton pas cher, swarovski, louis vuitton, swarovski crystal, marc jacobs, moncler outlet, canada goose, louis vuitton, pandora jewelry, pandora jewelry, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, juicy couture outlet, moncler, louis vuitton, ugg pas cher, pandora charms, moncler, wedding dresses, pandora charms, supra shoes, moncler, coach outlet, canada goose outlet, moncler, barbour, canada goose, thomas sabo, canada goose outlet, toms shoes, doudoune canada goose, canada goose uk, links of london, canada goose, montre pas cher, hollister, juicy couture outlet, moncler, barbour jackets, karen millen, lancel, converse outlet, moncler, ugg boots uk
ninest123 16.01

 
At 4:49 PM, Blogger menna said...

معلم تركيب كربستون بعجمان
معلم تركيب بردوره بعجمان

 

Post a Comment

<< Home