Friday, October 31, 2008

My Dixie Chicken

If you'll be my Dixie chicken
I'll be your Tennessee lamb
And we can walk together
Down in Dixie lan
d

There's really a LOT you can say about Halloween at our house, and one thing is for sure - this ain't your momma's suburbs. This was a weird Halloween for us - Halloween is my fave holiday. Seriously, I like it more than Christmas. It's just fun - low pressure, no gifts, lots of creativity - and anything that semi-revolves around chocolate is awesome. Normally we decorate a ton - the spiderwebs, lights, parties, etc. This year - nothing. Between not being able to make it to the attic since stairs are currently being built, to everything in our attic still being totally covered in shingle dust, to being gone for a week, and honestly being more focused on building a nursery than spending hours stretching cobwebs - it just didn't happen. With the "economy" as such I even cut back on my candy buy -only 10 bags this year!

BUT, we do love to dress up and give out what we have, so I made do with an old witches costume from prior years. The corset wouldn't corset all the way, but it's not too bad for an almost 7 months preggers costume!



























And this year, we subjected Pippin to being a chicken.


































A coworker suggested Brent (or I) be KFC Kernal Sanders, which I thought was SO clever! But, Brent said he would just wear the chef outfit since he didn't have a white suit and would only be Mr KFC if he could do it right. This is our 14th Halloween together (we are so old!!!) and he has seriously worn this mask EVERY year!! He loves it! He quit wearing it when the kids really started coming in, it scares a lot of them.













Pippin had his picture taken by at least 4 people, had one woman say "no one is ever going to believe this", a few "I ain't never seen a dog dressed like a chicken", and one "I thought that was a real chicken." All the kids love Pippin, and a few get so distracted they don't even get candy, which is great because we always run out. I got through about 260 kids before I ran out this year around 5 minutes after 8. It's nuts. And I still hear a ton of kids going by about a half hour later. I get seriously irritated at how rude some of them are - a few came back more than once, and when I called him out on it he said "no i didn't". Uh, I can remember an orange convict outfit and the distinctive marks on your face from about 5 minutes ago. We also had a ton of parents trick or treating. I mean, REALLY, that is so awful. So although I always feel bad when we run out, I blame these parents for taking candy from children. I spend at least $50 a year on candy, and that's all I can really handle. Hopefully another hour and it'll quiet down - there's a ton of screaming outside right now, and while we were out there was one loose dog running and chasing people (creating massive panic) and then one fight between high schoolers where they started throwing candy (nice how they appreciate it) and cursing at each other while chasing each other down our street. I was really glad they didn't come to our house.

6 Comments:

At 2:58 AM, Blogger Legs and Wings said...

Oh, those photos are hilarious. Pips makes a great chicken! Bok Bok

 
At 9:10 PM, Blogger Cliff said...

hey Rae,

great costume. I can't believe you dress Pippin as a dog..and Brent as the Chef...perfect match.

Been a while since i visit ur blog, i guess you are going to be a mommy sooon :)..congrats!

 
At 1:38 PM, Blogger Runner Susan said...

you guys are are too cute!!! Love the chicken suit. Rowdy was a pirate this year.

 
At 10:18 AM, Blogger Jamie said...

What a difference a block makes - we maybe got 20 kids. I think we were the only house on our block with our light on, though. I should have brought our candy to you - we have 4 bags left over.

Love the costumes!

 
At 12:01 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Pippin should win something for his outfit!

 
At 6:28 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

bottes ugg, louis vuitton, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, replica watches, canada goose, doke gabbana outlet, moncler, sac louis vuitton pas cher, swarovski, louis vuitton, swarovski crystal, marc jacobs, moncler outlet, canada goose, louis vuitton, pandora jewelry, pandora jewelry, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, juicy couture outlet, moncler, louis vuitton, ugg pas cher, pandora charms, moncler, wedding dresses, pandora charms, supra shoes, moncler, coach outlet, canada goose outlet, moncler, barbour, canada goose, thomas sabo, canada goose outlet, toms shoes, doudoune canada goose, canada goose uk, links of london, canada goose, montre pas cher, hollister, juicy couture outlet, moncler, barbour jackets, karen millen, lancel, converse outlet, moncler, ugg boots uk
ninest123 16.01

 

Post a Comment

<< Home