Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Week 0

Hey everyone! So getting back into the running game is going GREAT! Yay!!! I consider this week my first "real" week back, but I did start getting back into my routine last week, I just decided I wouldn't start logging it until now. So, with last week considered Week 0 and just a warmup, here's how I did:

Mon: (I don't remember! Prob Killer Butt!)
Tues: 3 miles running
Wed: 3.25 miles running
Thurs: Killer Butt DVD
Fri: 3.75 miles running
Sat: 4 miles running

Anyway, for the week I ended up with 14 run miles. I also walk a couple miles with Lilli most afternoons, if it's not raining or we're not out shopping. And I did several abs toning sessions. I lost about 3 pounds, which was my goal for the week. I didn't write it all down so I don't remember, but this week I'm starting to log my workouts again and keep up with it all. Last week's #1 goal was to gradually build my mileage back up to my normal weekday 4 miles, now it's to maintain and work on speed. This week's goal for running is 17 miles and I'm already 11.5 miles in, so I'm well on my way.

I run in the mornings first thing after Lilli's first bottle (sometime between 6:30-7:30). She naps best in the morning, so instead of slunking back to bed I get my booty on my awful treadmill and sweat it out. I have the tiniest little treadmill - seriously we paid about $200 for it about 6 years ago - I've gotten that out of it and much, much more! It's hard to go fast, it's really intended more for walking, but I'm thankful I have it right here while I need it. It's much easier than toting a baby down to the Y, trying to hit a good time between feedings and their limited nursery schedule. When I'm back to work (4.5 more weeks) it should be easier since I'll be back to my lunchtime workouts at the Y. I do my toning sessions in the evening when Brent's home. So, all that to say it is easily possible to work out with a baby, and not take time away from anyone.

It feels great to be running again and work up a proper sweat!!!! Every week I fit it another thing or two from my "Fat Rachel" closet, and I'm REALLY looking forward to fitting into some of my "Regular Rachel" clothes, hopefully before I go back to work!

And of course I have to leave you with another pic!

8 Comments:

At 1:10 PM, Blogger Tiggs said...

she is so cute!! you are an inspiration rachel. i am worried about not being able to run/tri when we decide to have a baby and so far you and trisaratops are my proof that it can be done!!

 
At 9:30 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

SUPER CUTE!

Think you guys (and gals) will be out at The Flying Monkey this year. Think I might be able to commission Brent with some beer to take some action shots for me? Maybe some ASD Athletes (my charity) work?

Glad to see that things are going well!

 
At 11:04 PM, Blogger Jack said...

Lilli is so cute...like you haven't heard it yet...well it's a fact.

Glad your fitness program is working, be patient you be back to "normal Rachel" before you know it!

 
At 5:11 AM, Blogger Anne said...

Glad to see you're back in action. It can be so hard establishing a regular running routine with a new baby, but you seem to be rising to the challenge. And that Lilli just gets cuter with each post!

 
At 4:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice job. But, I have to admit I feel really pathetic that my running is going worse than yours and I didn't have a baby. Oh well. Keep up the great work.

 
At 9:15 AM, Blogger MNFirefly said...

What a cutie! Great job on getting those workouts in.

 
At 1:18 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Very exciting to see Lilli growing up and you progressing back into a running schedule again. I hope you're able to get off your treadmill soon.

 
At 6:21 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

ninest123 16.01
louis vuitton, michael kors outlet, ray ban sunglasses, tiffany and co, louis vuitton, chanel handbags, replica watches, ugg boots, prada outlet, tiffany jewelry, oakley sunglasses, louis vuitton outlet, nike air max, oakley sunglasses, prada handbags, burberry outlet online, ray ban sunglasses, replica watches, longchamp outlet, oakley sunglasses, jordan shoes, oakley sunglasses, michael kors outlet, ugg boots, louis vuitton, polo ralph lauren outlet, uggs on sale, burberry, michael kors outlet, longchamp, ugg boots, gucci outlet, michael kors, nike outlet, louis vuitton outlet, louboutin outlet, louboutin, polo ralph lauren outlet, nike air max, nike free, christian louboutin outlet, michael kors outlet, michael kors outlet, cheap oakley sunglasses, ugg boots, ray ban sunglasses, longchamp outlet, louboutin shoes, tory burch outlet

 

Post a Comment

<< Home