Tuesday, May 13, 2008

If Only I Were a 10-yr old girl

Hiya!!! In just around 48 hours we'll be landing in our super secret vacation destination! Well, I can't exactly say it's super secret. I think I'm up to around 2-3 dozen people who know, between relatives, neighbors, coworkers of mine and even one of Brent's. I've got a few rooms booked now, and have even shown him pictures of a couple of views from the room, in my attempt to totally throw him off. I'm printing various maps off tonight, and then tomorrow night it's final packing. When Pippin sees a suitcase he becomes crazy glue - the boy does NOT want to be left behind. He doesn't mind going to the kennel, in fact he LOVES it, but what he does NOT want to happen is to miss out on some excitement and suitcases mean excitement. Actually, his head is on the laptop right now and my arm is at a wicked angle right now just to type, so I guess he's pretty much always crazy glue.

So far this week has been pretty good! We had a nice and relaxing Sunday here, although it was insanely windy and chilly due to the storms that came through Saturday night. We did make time to get some groceries at Whole Foods. We got all sorts of yummy vegetables for the week. I was feeling crazy so I even got a thing of brussel sprouts. I can't even remember the last time I had them, but we tried them this way and they were pretty good. Not my fave vegetable but they're really not such a big deal. The breading really adds a nice crispness to them. We paired it with some grilled chicken and some fantastic mashed sweet potatoes, made with good ole Tennesee Jack Daniels. Tonight we tried a new way of cooking zucchini - normally we saute it with a little EVOO, but this time we made little zucchini cakes. They were SO good. They were very easy to make, and my zucchinis grated right up with my Microplane. They reminded me a lot of potato latkes.

Anyway, today on my way to work outside a particular historic hotel I pass every day I noticed several large lights and video equipment. There were also several security guards around, and I figured it was just another country music video shoot, not really an odd or unusual sight. Later in the day I went for a walk with a coworker running some errands. My building is about 5 blocks from the hotel, but as close as two blocks to work the public parking lots were absolutely full of campers, big trucks, signs about catering, and just a ton of production equipment. As we got closer to the library several blocks were shut off with filming equipment and were packed with security and lots of crews...We speculated who it might be and figured with our luck it would just be the governor filming some sort of "don't drink after prom" video. But we did decide to walk back on the other side of it on our return trip, in case we did see someone famous. As we headed back through I spotted a security guard outside a side entrance to the hotel, so as we walked by I asked him if they were shooting a music video. At first he didn't want to talk about it, then he said "no......it's a movie." Then he said "Think about what movie might be filming." Well, honestly I don't keep up with all that stuff and totally drew a blank. When we asked if it was someone famous he said "Oh yeah." So that got our interest.....We asked him who and he said he couldn't tell. Then he said "Think Cyrus." Ok, so that totally gave it away. I knew Miley Cyrus was filming a new Hannah Montana movie because they've had casting auditions for extras for several weeks now. So we asked him if she might be leaving soon, and he said she's spent all day inside the hotel, and only came outside to arrive/leave. He also told us she shows up around 10 am, and that she's been very nice to everyone. About that time someone buzzed his earpiece and he basically told us we were being watched and should probably go. As if! He also told us not to tell any paparazzi, but I'm figuring the paps know her every move these days anyway. So yeah, that was my excitement of the day, and sadly I don't care a thing about Hannah Montana and it would have been just as exciting if it was the governor. He did say they'll be filming there for 3 weeks, so maybe at some point I will be able to snap a pic of her and sell it for millions.

Ok, time to go and check all the stuff I've printed for our trip! Have a great Wednesday everyone!

3 Comments:

At 4:24 AM, Blogger E-Speed said...

hope you have a great trip!

 
At 4:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

have a great trip. I can't wait to hear all about it when you get back. And, all the veggies looked great.

 
At 6:57 AM, Blogger Iron Jayhawk said...

Yay for super fun, super secret trips! I can't wait to read all about it :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home