Friday, January 11, 2008

More Tales from my Underpants

I think in some high school class we did some graphing of our various "energies" and every so often you hit a low point in your physical, mental, and spiritual energies all at the same time. I am so there this week. Here's today's story for your reading pleasure:

At lunch I always go to the gym. Better to burn calories than consume them. Today I thought my shorts felt strange heading down to the machines. Sort of like they were up my butt, and I tried to readjust them as best I could while walking down the stairs, past the male-studded weight area and towards the cardio section. I did all I could in a Southern, most lady-like way but they still felt super jacked up. I chalked it up to clothing discomfort due to massive bloating and grabbed an elliptical. My ankle is bothering me a bit and I didn't want to pound on it on the treadmill and make it worse. I did my workout, burned some calories, watched some soaps and headed back up to change. At which point I discovered the source of my discomfort: a dryer sheet hanging half in, half out of my shorts. I have no clue if the whole Y saw my "issue", but I'm sort of thinking they might have. Oh well, at least they know my shorts were clean and since it was Friday they'll all have forgotten by Monday.

Add onto that I could never get the answer to a dumb "smarter than a 5th grader" forward a coworker had yesterday, and I still didn't understand it after Googling the answer. Today he sent a "smarter than a 2nd grader" puzzle that took me an hour to figure out. Luckily I don't have any CPE planned and I'm mostly done closing Brent's books for the year and have everything already done for filing his sales tax for his photography sales. (And people, we do ship if you need some awesome art.) Next week will be my smart week. Or maybe I just peaked too early in life? Or maybe I'm getting old??

Tonight we decided (once again) to skip going to the pool and go out to eat instead. We were in the mood for Chinese buffet and decided to try a place on West End we'd spotted a few weeks ago. When we pulled up two homeless guys were literally asking everyone going in and out for money, and inbetween they were tapping on the windows and watching people eat, blatantly. We decided there was no way we wanted to deal with that after a long week, so we kept on driving. We thought we found another buffet further up in a shopping center only to discover it was gone - they had only scratched the name off one side of the sign. We were already parked and I spotted Nola's across the road. They've had good reviews in some of the local "trendy" papers so we thought we'd try it. We should've known it was a bad sign when we were ignored forever while she spoke in a foreign language to someone else, and she only made it under our "walkout" limit by about 15 seconds. Brent had a po boy that was good, and their fries were awesome. I had jambalaya that was so bland. And jambalaya should not be bland. It looked gross and tasted about the same. We normally have a rule about not ordering dishes that we make an awesome version of (we have a killer jambalaya recipe) but I thought I could get some tips from an authentic restaurant. Anyway, the sandwich plus jambalaya + water was $23 and worth about $10, so we won't be back. Afterwards we stopped for some ice cream, which was much better than dinner!!!

Anyway, the lappy battery is almost dead so it's time to sign off! TGIF!

8 Comments:

At 6:27 AM, Blogger ShoreTurtle said...

I discovered a dryer sheet in my t-shirt during my run last Thursday. They might be starting some sort of uprising.

 
At 9:55 AM, Blogger lainb said...

LOL! Everyone needs a good embarrassing gym apparel story.

Mine is wearing my t-shirt on backwards...and not realizing until I got home. Oh, and another one--something in my underwear was stabbing my girly parts and hurt like hell...turns out I had a cat whisker stuck in my underwear. Who knows how it got there, I'm thinking it came from something else in the same load of laundry.

 
At 10:48 AM, Blogger MNFirefly said...

Eating is always better than workout on some days.

 
At 6:46 AM, Blogger Lisa said...

I ran about 16 miles last weekend with my Rocket city marathon tech shirt inside out. When I ran into pilates immediately after the run, I looked in the mirror in horror. I looked like a dork! :P

 
At 6:07 AM, Blogger Dana said...

That's too funny about the dryer sheet! I hate it when you get food from a restaurant that's DEFINITELY not worth the price. Luckily the ice cream made up for it!

 
At 6:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope the start of the smart week is going well.

 
At 4:30 PM, Blogger Anne said...

Too funny about the dryer sheet. I once was warming up with about 200 others on the inside of a track when lo and behold! there was my missing brown sock...coming out of my shorts. Can only imagine what it must have looked like from nearby -- something brown and solid hanging off the back of my shorts :-(

 
At 7:22 PM, Blogger Rich said...

Good thing it was only a dryer sheet. Could be worse. Could be another pair of undies. It's been known to happen. Just sayin' ...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home