Saturday, January 05, 2008

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year everyone! I hope you've all had great ones so far.

We celebrated New Years at a friend's low-key party just a few blocks over. It was a PJ party theme so everyone was nice and comfy and we counted the old year down together with lots of good food and laughs. On New Years, our 9th wedding anniversary, we headed out to do some returning and some shopping. We snapped up some of the big markdowns on clothes out there and had lunch at a Mexican joint before heading to our neighbors New Years Day brunch. (Although at 1:30 with food not being served until 3 does that still count as brunch???) The rest of the day we chilled and watching I Am Legend which totally sucked, was completely depressing, had no plot and isn't something I would recommend watching on your anniversary. At all.

After that it's been back to work for us at our jobs and on our house. We've got lots o' plans for this year and no time to waste. We had declared a "holiday hiatus" from Thanksgiving to the New Year on big projects. Last year was so miserable trying to get everything done while redoing our bedroom floors. This year once we got past all the irritating shopping and spending we had some seriously nice downtime. But even that gets old and on New Years Eve (when it was 60-something degrees) the paint brushes came back out and we got most of the rest of our front white picket fence repainted. We couldn't quite get it all, but there's not much left to do. Then we started removing a threshold this week where we're planning to add a wall, and we got most of the trim repainted in our living room. The plan this weekend is to head to the Home Depot and get some studs and drywall to get on adding the new wall. Good times!! I've sort of missed my paintbrush, I've got so much to catch her up on!

And the gym was B-A-N-A-N-A-S this week. Seriously insane. I can't wait for all these new people to fall off the workout wagon. One day a lady was wearing her turtleneck and jewelry on the elliptical, like all she had done was change out of her work slacks and hop on the machine. I've also seen jeans and cargo shorts on the workout floor, and yesterday one girl got about 15 calories burned since she was more interested in talking on her cell than working out.

Anyway, my sweet husband is making me some breakfast so it's time to go! And good luck to the Titans this week, even though I'm feeling like they're going to get their asses absolutely handed to them.

6 Comments:

At 4:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a wonderful start to a new year. Happy Anniversary.

 
At 7:40 PM, Blogger Rich said...

LOL - I'm seeing the same thing at the rec center here. I look up and EVERYONE on the treadmill is WALKING while I'm waiting. Argh!

 
At 5:24 AM, Blogger Dana said...

Sounds like you had a good New Years. I spent the holiday on the couch w/ a head cold. Not fun! My gym wasn't too over-run w/ New year resolution folks. I think it's going to be a sneak attack. Just when I think I won't have to wait for machines..BAM! That's when they'll show up. Oh & Happy Anniversary! That's too cool that you were married on New Year's Day.

 
At 7:09 PM, Blogger David said...

The gym sounds hilarious. SOrry you have to put up with that. HNY!

 
At 5:40 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Sounds like you got off to a good start to the new year. Happy belated anniversary and New Year!

 
At 7:12 PM, Blogger MNFirefly said...

I did not like "I am Legend" at all too. I ran out of the movie theatre because I could not handle the overwhelming surprises and zombie people.

I also noticed the same problem at my gym on Jan 2. That's not an issue now that it's January 8th.

Happy New Year!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home