Monday, January 14, 2008

Little Pillows on my Feet

Happy Monday! Or, as good as a Monday can ever be!

So the weekend went something like this:

Sat: Work on the house at a leisurely pace: Brent working on running more electrical and drywalling the new wall and me FINALLY painting the last of our white picket fence out front. Thank goodness all fence work is now done!! It's taken forever to get that fence painted - 4 different sessions thanks to short daylight, wind and cold! For "date night" we picked a 'burb, then picked a new restaurant to try, then went grocery shopping at Publix. Sad but that is our idea of a fun date night. At least a love of fine groceries is something we share!! I just wish Publix would build in our neighborhood, it may be time for me to email them again! We tried out Pancho Villa's Mexican Grill in Goodlettsville and it was AWESOME. GREAT service, awesome food and a great value. Tons of food and we only spent $21! Way better than the horrible food we had at Nola's the night before.

Sun: Neither one of us were feeling all that great and it turned super cold here so we spent the afternoon chilling and relaxing. We watched movies, played games & Wii and just chilled. It was a lot of fun! We had brownies for lunch and pizza and popcorn for dinner. It was just a fun day. We did watch Juno which is the best movie ever. It was soooo cute and well done.

So it was back to work today and back to the crowded gym. I FINALLY got my new shoes laced up. I like to lace up to the higher spots so the shoe is tighter around my ankle but the laces they give you are never long enough. I have a pair I just keep trading off from one pair to the next and I've had a new pair of shoes since NOVEMBER and I've just been too busy to take the laces out of the old and into the new. Last night I finally got off my lazy butt since the old ones were really starting to affect me, and today's run was much better!! It was like running with little pillows on my feet, I love the feel of some new sneaks!

Ok, time for me to do my Wii fitness test. My goal is to one day actually be semi-around my age!!! I think it currently tells me I'm 38. Sweet.

5 Comments:

At 5:30 AM, Blogger Dana said...

Thanks again for stopping by my blog. Glad to hear that your Mexican dinner made up for Nola's.

Brownies for lunch & pizza & popcorn for dinner? Sounds like my kind of day!

I got some new sneaks right before the holidays. Makes running a dream right now(at least until the cushioning wears away).

 
At 7:00 AM, Blogger ShoreTurtle said...

As a soon to be 38 year old, I take offense at your sarcasm. ; )

I'm going to check my wii fitness age tonight...

 
At 3:06 PM, Blogger MNFirefly said...

Sounds like a busy weekend.

 
At 4:10 PM, Blogger Cliff said...

Semi around your age?? U are not 38. 28 is more like it...

 
At 6:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great weekend. Good luck with the fitness test - I would hate to know what age I would be.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home