Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Not America's Brightest.....

So today at work we had even MORE excitement! It seems some genius criminal decided to break into one of our parking garages at work and break the windows of about a dozen cars to take stuff (electronics, mostly). What an idiot! Honestly, who even leaves good stuff in their car? You'd get 2 umbrellas and some pretty crap CDs out of my car. And if you took my factory radio you need to know the CD player takes forever for the dumb thing to even find a song.

I work for a very large company downtown, and generally I'd say it's very secure. No place is ever 100% secure, but it's hard to get tighter than where I work without fingerprinting and retinal scans - I have to scan my badge 4 times from pulling into the secure parking lot before I get to my desk. Even if you get in the garage you have to scan to get inside the stairwell area, then for your floor (off the stairs) and then once again for whatever area you work in. And there are cameras EVERYWHERE! When I went to pull into a spot in the area I generally park in, "my" spot was full of glass....which was odd. When I was walking in I asked the facility guy what was up and he said there had been vandalism overnight, and within a couple of hours word was spreading that every news crew in town was outside filming! (Truly it was a slow news day in Nashville....but another garage several blocks over was vandalized a few nights ago so it's now a 'trend'.) When I left for a lunchtime dentist appointment around noon one news crew was still there, and this afternoon each station had an article about it on their websites. Apparently he cut some wires and pried the garage doors up to get in. Honestly though....did this idiot not realize he was breaking into one of the largest companies in Nashville??? Bright, color video of him wandering around the garage is on every channel tonight, and one of my coworkers thought she saw him trying to get in and scoping out the place when she left yesterday - she reported it immediately around 5 yesterday, and her description matches this guy to a T. So it won't be long before some friend of his turns him in for $20 or whatever you get from Crimestoppers. One of my coworkers had the garage door come down on her car earlier this week as she was leaving, so this week it's been "all about the garage" at work.

So, other than that it's been a pretty quiet week. I've had so much going on at work (dentist, other stuff, birthday lunches, going away lunches) that I'll be able to make it to the gym once this week which is crazy! I've got a business trip coming up soon that I'm super excited about, so the next few weeks will have to be flexible which is just fine with me. I'd rather have a fun summer watching "So u think u can Dance" (which I should totally be on!) than worry about mileage and pace and all that stuff. My garden and life in general are just more interesting to me this summer than competitive running, recreational is A-ok with me.

Happy almost Thursday!!

5 Comments:

At 11:20 PM, Blogger Jack said...

Never boring in Nashville it seems! I am looking forward to some recreational running for the second half of this year. Sometimes it is good to let life get in the way and distract from competitive running, it makes you more hungry for those PRs when you resume. At least that is the theory I am trying to prove.

 
At 6:10 AM, Blogger Anne said...

That thief must have been pretty desperate, though it remains to be seen how long it takes for his capture. Sounded from all the evidence it was just a matter of hours.

I'm with you on races taking a back seat to other pursuits this summer. You have a lot on your plate right now. And, belated blog anniversary congratulations!

 
At 4:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The criminals needed the electronics. Everyone in that garage should have left their windows down and unlocked their car doors. Don't be hating the criminals.

 
At 6:19 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

I sure hope they catch them. Scary!

 
At 6:49 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

air force, nike trainers, sac longchamp, sac guess, tn pas cher, coach outlet, new balance pas cher, ray ban pas cher, air max, timberland, true religion jeans, north face, nike roshe, nike free run uk, abercrombie and fitch, vans pas cher, michael kors, michael kors, ralph lauren pas cher, burberry, michael kors, ralph lauren uk, hollister pas cher, nike free, lacoste pas cher, true religion outlet, air jordan pas cher, nike blazer, louboutin pas cher, true religion jeans, nike roshe run, vanessa bruno, hogan, longchamp pas cher, ray ban uk, lululemon, converse pas cher, longchamp, hollister, mulberry, nike air max, michael kors, nike huarache, nike air max, replica handbags, north face, coach purses, oakley pas cher, nike air max, true religion jeans, hermes

 

Post a Comment

<< Home