Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Bake-a-thon

All I have to say is convection baking rocks. I'm going to completely admit that my ovens scare me. I mean, they came with a DVD and a couple of honest to god novels to read, and until tonight I'd never even turned on the convection bake section and had just stuck to regular baking. But, when a girl has dozens and dozens of Halloween goodies to bake with a party looking just a few days away it's time to try the "convection bake multi-rack" option. Why start out at regular convection baking when you can do the full whammy and load that sucker full of pans? And that's what I did, three trays of cookies in - top, middle, and bottom, and 3 trays of perfectly baked cookies straight back out. Cha Ching. That's why the thing was somewhere close to a million bucks. I think this kitchen and I are going to be friends for years to come.

Let's see, in other news Brent got a tetanus shot today. He went to the doctor to have a bump on his head examined and came back with a tetanus shot. (The bump is just a non-harmful cyst.) If you will remember back to February 2006 our same doctor gave me a tetanus shot when I had tendinitis. And for days and days I had a painfully sore arm and swore I would never have a tetanus shot again because they suck THAT badly. AND during the whole kitchen renovation I was the one who had to carry all the old studs with old nails out because I had the tetanus shot. AND YET my husband, when told he has not had one since 1989, gets a tetanus shot to feel like he got his $15 co-pay's worth. And then gets mad at when I ask why he didn't ask the doc if he could take a minute and consult with his CPA (me) on whether or not he should get this shot because I would have said DON'T DO IT!!!!! So guess who's wandering around with a seriously sore arm tonight???? Honestly, are these shots even necessary??? How many people end up with tetanus each year?

Well, that's all for tonight. It's time to sample those cookies. I wouldn't want our guests to get ill from them......

5 Comments:

At 5:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The good news is that the shot is good for 10 years. Always remember when you had your last tetanus shot because if you can't tell the doctor when you had the last one, they will shoot you up! I learned the hard way!

 
At 9:22 AM, Blogger RedheadFangirl said...

They must really be worried about rusty nails in the south!

Have a great party!

 
At 2:07 PM, Blogger MNFirefly said...

Cookies, yummmmmmm.

I HATE getting my tetanus shot more than just the sore arm. How about a 103 fever and waking up in your own SWEAT? I would trade just the sore arm any day (which I did when I got my flu shot!) Thank GOD you only get them every 10 years.

 
At 5:38 AM, Blogger E-Speed said...

The convection oven sounds intense. I am no domestic diva for sure. My little oven can barely handle two trays of cupcakes :)

Hope Brents arm feels better!

 
At 7:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yumm! The cookies sound great.

Hope Brent's arm is recovering - my coworker just got a flu shot is walking around with an ice pack on her arm!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home