Tuesday, September 18, 2007

A Case of the Mondays

Do you ever have one of those days, and then it sort of becomes one of those weeks, and then you think what is it like to not trip over basically EVERYTHING? In the past week I've stepped in dog poo twice, dropped my cell phone in a glass of water and killed it, completely forgotten which door is the out and which floor I'm parked on, suddenly become totally incapable of doing the breastroke, become aware that my ovaries are getting old and if we wait much longer our kids will have 3 heads and 6 toes, and been told to take the same calcium pills my grandma takes because I don't eat enough cheese. But cheese is fattening?? I can't have it ALL! And now I am starting to freak out about my 30th birthday which is now just 12 days away. Can't I stay 29 forever?? 29.99 is light years younger than 30. 29.99 is young and carefree and enjoying life and 30 is an adult and responsible and grounded. And I know we are all those things already but I just don't want the number. And now another season of Biggest Loser has started.......as if I'm not teary eyed enough from getting old. Thank God for the chocolate chip pie I made last weekend. That's calcium, right???

Let's see....workouts. I ran 10 miles last Saturday morning. I ran the Shelby Park greenway with my bike support right behind me snapping away with his camera. Saturday was a big day at the park - Mayor Purcell dedicated the new Shelby Park nature center and they had a topping off ceremony for the new bridge that will connect miles and miles of greenways and make riding long, long rides SO much easier! The weather was gorgeous, probably mid 70s when I got started at 8:30. All of the fences we've had to climb and lift our bikes over were taken down for the ceremony, and I ever ran up the gravel road to where the bridge is being built until some construction workers made me turn around. It was so awesome!! I can't wait 'til the bridge is finished. We made it back to the nature center just a few minutes before the ceremony started. We love the current mayor, he lives a few blocks over. His term limit is up this week, and we're so glad for all the greenways and bike lanes he's added to our city. Eight years ago we had NO bike lanes, now we have over 100 miles of bike lanes. It's really amazing. The new mayor is going to have some big shoes to fill. After the ceremony we got to walk through the new nature center, and then from there I finished my run home. My pace wasn't super fast, but I easily knocked off the 10 miles and feel fine heading into Saturday's half marathon.

We spent the rest of Saturday, all day, working in the yard. We got a ton of stuff done out there, and we're getting ready to put up a new fence. It's going to be SO awesome. Sat night was Brent's art show. He sold two pieces and has had a couple of other requests from the show, so that's great! Sunday we biked and swam, and last night we had swim class. Since we had to fire our last swim coach (no show, no call, no apology, no good) we are just now getting started back with our lessons. Our new coach is nowhere near as dynamic as our last one, but one class is just one class. I certainly know she's not going to end up flaking out on us. Anyway, we've come a long way in swimming already, and our endurance is really starting to pick up. Somehow though my breastroke has totally fallen apart. I'm doing everything wrong now, but oh well. I'll get it eventually.

WIDTW
Tue-4.2 miles
Wed-30 mins ellip, 550m swim
Thur-4.2 miles, 7 miles bike
Fri-rest
Sat-10 miles run, 6 hours yardwork
Sun-11.5 miles bike, 550m swim
Mon-4.2 miles

7 Comments:

At 8:12 PM, Blogger Rich said...

Just think of 30 as 10 years shy of hitting 40!

 
At 8:16 PM, Blogger MNFirefly said...

I love being in the 30's. It's a better than my 20's. It's my best decade so far. :D

 
At 8:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your ovaries are totally not old! I had my first at 33 and my sister had hers at 38! Your 30's are going to be awesome.

 
At 9:18 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

Just catching up, poor Pippin! I hope he is doing better now? And the whole stepping in dog doo? Yah, story of my life. Our backyard is scary with landmines everywhere.

I'm teetering on the edge with you there, but I think you'll kick 30's arse.

 
At 6:40 AM, Blogger Michele said...

Good luck at the half Saturday. We will look for you.

 
At 10:17 AM, Blogger My Life said...

Ooooh, hang in there about the 30's. I had a few major meltdowns before I turned (especially when it came to thinking about our nowhere-near-having-children mindsets and my aging eggs...). As for turning 30 and officially becoming "old" at least your body is holding out with those great workouts and coordination is good (getting your cell to fall in a glass?! That's some good aim!).

 
At 7:54 AM, Blogger E-Speed said...

I think you will the youngest hottest 30 something in all of the country! Girl you are going to rock your 30s!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home