Friday, January 06, 2006

It's SNOWING!

Look everyone! It's snowing!!!!



Seriously, look really, really closely. Ok, so you can't actually see it in this picture but it is snowing, technically. It's pretty much microscopic but it IS there. And, it is exciting enough that my entire department (about 8 or so of us) walked all the way up to the front just to watch it for a few minutes. Sad, huh? Will it accumulate? Not a chance, but it's excitement enough to send people up periodically to report back whether or not it can be seen with the naked eye from time to time. I bet the grocery store is already out of bread, and I wouldn't be surprised if at least one school district was closed already. (Seriously!!) The receptionist reports that from time to time an actual flake is visible. Woo hoo!! Maybe they will close down work (not a chance). What this boils down to is that my long run tomorrow morning is going to be CHILLY!! Bring on the gloves and headgear! (Hey Charlie, can you overnight your Ninja mask to me??)

13 Comments:

At 11:25 AM, Blogger E-Speed said...

We got a dusting today too. Have fun on your chilly run tomorrow!

 
At 11:27 AM, Blogger onepinkfuzzy said...

sweet!

 
At 11:45 AM, Blogger Simba's Mom said...

I love that you are all so excited over a few flakes! Hopefully you will some more during your run to make the coldness more tolerable. If it is going to be cold, it might as well snow, right?

 
At 12:23 PM, Blogger brent d. said...

Your link is wrong. It says "Charlie" but it's pointed at Shoreturtle's website.

 
At 6:26 PM, Blogger Hilda said...

The only time I felt cold weather it was like knives on my face, so right, don't forget the mask!!
After a while you will feel better, well is what everyone say as you get warmer!
Here, it is so warm!!

 
At 9:58 PM, Blogger Tammy said...

Where?? I don't see any snow. I think you're fibbin'! :P

 
At 10:08 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I'm with Tammy. I think you're trying to pull a fast one.

 
At 2:45 PM, Blogger RedheadFangirl said...

The Ninja stays in Jersey! Rae, I wanted you and B to check out my redhead comic blog friend, Opieblue, because I think he has a Pippen, but his is called Bug.

http://opieblue.typepad.com/

 
At 6:19 PM, Blogger Jon (was) in Michigan said...

Heh, heh. Get your snowshovel out! I can mail you an ice scraper if you need it. :)

Hope you stayed warm on your run.

 
At 12:15 AM, Blogger CJ said...

We're the same here if it snows - we all gather at the window to look!!! It doesn't snow here very often hence the novelty factor!

 
At 5:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rachel, in response to your comment Im taking swim classes at the Williamson County Recreation Center in Brentwood. Huge facility.

 
At 5:54 AM, Blogger jeanne said...

That reaction sounds just like D.C. !! and we actually do get occasional real snow. but still, the schools close if the word is even MENTIONED! I'm very excited for you!

 
At 7:27 PM, Blogger David said...

Snow Day! Call out the plows and close the schools.
Let's all go run!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home