Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Just say no to Pink

Hey guys! I've got just a quick second to post this morning before I need to start getting ready for work so I thought I'd take it. The weekend was an absolute whirlwind! I swear I need more days in the week or hours in the day. I'd take either.

Friday night we had dinner with our friends A & A at Bricktops. I swear it's been forever since we saw them. And I had the unfortunate experience of being the person who ordered the pink drink. Prickly Pear Margarita didn't sound like it would be pink and in a martini glass, but it was. Just thought I'd warn you guys. (And it wasn't very good, either.) BUT, my Mongolian porkchops were, and they were ENORMOUS! Two massive porkchops. I couldn't even finish one of them so we brought the rest home and split it for lunch the next day, making me feel like our expensive meal did have some value. We had a lot of fun catching up, and then Brent and I had a few minutes to spend shopping at a nearby mall, where I've never seen so many teens with Coach purses.

Saturday morning we laced our shoes up and headed out for a long run on the trails at PWP. This was our first return trip since the Monkey 3 weeks ago. Memories!! We did 11 miles of trails and I swear it nearly killed me. I had zip energy, and I kept thinking about all the other things I needed to do. I was also hot-cold-hot as I shedded my layers. It started out in the high 20's and as the Arctic cold front we had at the end of the week pushed outta here it was in the low 40's by the time we were done. Of course I had my Monkey tech shirt as my bottom layer and met another Monkey tech shirt wearer towards the end of my run. We admired each other's shirts equally. I saw one other Monkey and two other Monkey dogs out there! We did stop to try to break some ice in a creek - it was totally frozen! And we stopped to snap some pics of the frozen "waterfall" area (it's more of an area where some rocks are taking a tinkle). It was really pretty and had a tiny bit of snow on it. We had the tiniest flurries you've ever seen Friday but it didn't matter, we were all rushing the windows at work!!

Well, my time is up so I need to get ready for work! I'll post about the rest of the weekend later, and of course it still involves those stupid floors. We'd already be done with this project if some evil person along the way hadn't painted them with 100 layers of thick, chocolate brown paint. But, 7 days into this project I have finally found a method of stripping them that seems to work, but it's just so time consuming.

Take care!!!

Rachel

7 Comments:

At 6:12 AM, Blogger E-Speed said...

mmm pink fruity drinks ;)

 
At 7:32 AM, Blogger D said...

Hey whenever you and Brent write the home improvement book for dummies I'll be the first to order it.

 
At 8:24 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

this Monkey race seems to be more of a cult thing going on, now does it?

 
At 10:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the new job, Rachel! Have fun with the floors....just like those long runs: AFTER, AFTER it will all be worth it.

 
At 3:58 PM, Blogger MNFirefly said...

Pink drinks are AWESOME especially with the little umbrella that comes with it. :D

 
At 3:49 AM, Blogger David said...

Ah. the travails of floor stripping. How fondly I forget...on purpose.

 
At 5:51 PM, Blogger Darrell said...

I avoid pink drinks at all costs, and pink houses too but that's another story. I am the only guy that actually wears the pink shirts (lands end oxford)they gave us at work a few years back.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home