Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Hello! That's me, getting my singing voice in tune because tonight we're going to the opera, baby!! We got free tickets through work and we've been dying to check out the new Symphony Center so we're going tonight with newly engaged friends P & S. I'm not totally sure what it's about - some sort of short Christmas opera in English (yeah!) Someone at work said something about the main character giving baby Jesus a crutch which I totally don't get. A) Babies don't need crutches and B) If something was wrong with baby Jesus I'm pretty sure he could fix whatever the issue was himself. But anyway, it should be fun!

With all of our holiday travel (Brent's fam on Thurs, work on Friday then my parents house for Sat and Sun) we haven't had much time to run, but I have had time to sign us up for several races! We're signed up for the new Georgia Marathon in March, the Swampstomper 50K in Memphis in January and today I signed us up for the Rudolph 5K downtown Friday night. The race precedes the Nashville Christmas parade so it should be fun. I bought some cute santa and reindeer headbands for us to wear in the race last weekend. They've predicted some sort of mix of sleet/snow/freezing rain for Friday courtesy of Canada, so it should be interesting!

Well, back to work! I just felt like checking in for a minute. I've got some good pics to share from the weekend including an absolute classic - Everyone (including kids) turned around and sitting properly for the fam photo except my baby. Pippin was turned completely around in his seat staring at me. Baby loves his mamma!!

7 Comments:

At 12:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have fun at the opera! It's not for everyone, but I hope you like it. I've heard the new hall there is really, really beautiful.

We took the same kind of picture this weekend-could NOT get Lucy to face the camera for anything! 5 pictures of the dog's ass, oh well....

 
At 1:17 PM, Blogger Cliff said...

I envy you..enjoy the night.

 
At 3:12 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Enjoy the opera and nice one on the baby Jesus commentary. I think you're right.

With all the marathons you have been running I am surprised you have not made a bid at becoming a Marathon Maniac yet.

 
At 3:43 PM, Blogger MNFirefly said...

Have a great time. Bring on the pics too. :D

 
At 7:34 PM, Blogger David said...

Did you say 50K? Ramping up, huh?

I've got Georgia on my mind but not my fingers on the phone to call my friends who don't know they're putting me up. One thing at a time.

Pippin - turn your little butt around.

You can count on those Canadians to give great weather, huh?

 
At 8:03 PM, Blogger Rich said...

50K? 50K?! You tossed that out like it was some little jaunt around the park. 50K's moving up in the neighborhood!

Don't forget us mere marathoners when you get there, ok?

 
At 7:59 AM, Blogger Legs and Wings said...

Opera and a 5 K...all in one week. And, those friggen' Canadians eh and their snow. Listen, I'm going to send you an email because we've decided we want to spend Christmas in Nashville. We'll be sure and bring some snow.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home