Friday, November 24, 2006

So what's next??

Guess who just signed up for the brand new ING Georgia Marathon??? Brent and I! Woo hoo!! Man, we've done so many small races lately that I've been spoiled by the cheaper entry fee prices! GEEZ! $80 a person does not sound like an early discount to me! Ridiculous fees aside I'm looking forward to a larger race with more spectators after doing the smaller ones all fall. I don't think you can trade the charm of the small races at all (esp all the homemade goodies after!) but it will be nice to have thousands of spectators cheering you on! AND, the course will b a lot easier than the marathons we did this fall. YEAH!!! It's not flat AT ALL, but it is certainly no PWP mountains! And I also booked a really cute boutique hotel for us downtown within walking distance. I've spent more money here at work this morning than if I were out shopping. (And yes, we are some of the only people in the world working today. Of course this crappy ass place isn't closed.)

So who else is going to be there????? It will be state #4 for me!!!

9 Comments:

At 3:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've considered the Georgia race but haven't decided yet. Want to make get Huntsville behind me before I commit.

 
At 3:54 PM, Blogger MNFirefly said...

I had the day off after working both days LAST YEAR. I definitely earned it. :D The race sounds like fun. They some of their reps here at the TCM expo.

 
At 4:27 PM, Blogger Iron Jayhawk said...

Awesome!! You'll have to let us know how you like it! :)

...are you kids still doing CMM? We officially started training with yesterday's race.

...and is Chicago on your agenda?

 
At 6:07 PM, Blogger Theoutofshapeguy said...

what about CMM?

 
At 9:27 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I saw a Harpeth race shirt at Autumnfest here in Knoxville... were those shirts personalized for you all? They looked SHARP!

Another Marathon on the list... cool beans!

 
At 9:52 PM, Blogger Darrell said...

One of my runny buds, Kitty is coming to Atlanta. She's tried talking me into going. But it's a month from the new marathon in Eugene, OR that I've had my eye on since July.

I think I've said this before, but it looks like you are on your way to a 50 state adventure. Good times.

 
At 5:45 AM, Blogger Anne said...

Sounds like you're turning into one of the marathon maniacs you ran with earlier. :-)

 
At 12:19 AM, Blogger Jack said...

You guys are awesome! Let me know when you finish the 50 states and want to start running in Europe - the guestroom in Germany is free!

 
At 8:55 AM, Blogger Lance Notstrong said...

$80 x 2, that is steep. I've noticed running events are alot more expensive than cycling events. Not sure why.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home