Thursday, December 07, 2006

I'm EXPECTING!

........that you'll all be glad to hear I HAVE A NEW JOB!! Ha! Had ya there for a second, huh? But, as of Jan 2nd I will be MOVING ON! My last day with the current crack house is the 22nd, so I'll have a nice week off of not relaxing and working on projects around the house before I start the new job. I've very excited, and if you're someone who knows me drop a line and I'll tell you where I'm going (since most of you don't actually know where I work anyway)! I'll be doing something far more up my alley and less CPA-ish, which I'm really excited about. And my new boss seems pretty nice and normal! They called all my references, made me take two tests, two interviews and a drug test. Wow!! They did some homework. It's in downtown, and only 2.5 miles from our house. I can walk, run, bike, ride the bus (or drive!) to get to work! And in the life that is mine even quitting was difficult!! I got the offer Friday afternoon and planned to quit Monday with three weeks notice. Naturally my boss called in sick with strep throat on both Monday and Tuesday. By Tuesday I just wanted to tell SOMEONE! So, I told my boss's boss and then my boss was back Wednesday and I told him then. Strangest reaction EVER from him, I think he's on some heavy painkillers or a good dose of crack but as of now he's being very nice about it and happy for me.

But don't worry, I will still have two weeks of fantastic redneck office stories to share, and this really is the best season of office stories!! Decorations are going up like MAD! The "Snowy Acres Trailer Park" tree went up today in a nearby department - what says Christmas like a tree with Virgina Slims and "blue balls", phone wire, feather boas, beef jerky and hot sauce? And in my department - how about a metal snowman with a cigarette taped to its mouth??? I have pics of the redneck tree but HR made the snowman lose its cigarette before I could capture that on film. Ahhh....the holidays in the South. And Dirty Santa is next week!! YAY!

Good luck to everyone cranking out marathons this weekend!! Lana will be rocking Vegas, David is taking on Hunstville (Rocket City), & Just 12 Finish will be rocking White Rock (Dallas) along with Lance. Lots of local runners are running Rocket City, too, so good luck to all of you!!

Well, I have GOT to work on our Christmas cards! I feel so guilty every day as we get ours! Brent's working hard on sanding the floor right now so hopefully we'll make a lot of progress on that this weekend as well. Tomorrow night we're having dinner with some friends and then our neighborhood's tour of homes is Saturday night. AND, we're going to get a long trail run in, too. Have a great weekend everyone!

24 Comments:

At 8:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey hon! I just wanted to say congratulations! Good luck with your new position!

 
At 9:47 PM, Blogger Rich said...

You did get me with that title, but congratulations! We will all miss tales from the crack house! Make sure none of them follow you to your new job.

Thanks for the well wishes on White Rock!

 
At 12:50 AM, Blogger MNFirefly said...

Wow! Congrads! You really had me thinking of something else for a few minutes. :D

 
At 2:54 AM, Blogger Jack said...

Congratulations on your new job, sounds wonderful!

p.s. I think my heart skipped a beat when I saw your title, you are so cool!

 
At 3:38 AM, Blogger Danny said...

congratulations!!! best of luck...

 
At 4:46 AM, Blogger jeanne said...

congrats!!!! FINALLY! I keep telling you, you HAVE GOT to submit these office stories to the staff of "the office"!!! They are too much! That tree is the funniest thing i've ever heard of! only in the u.s....

 
At 6:06 AM, Blogger Trisaratops said...

You TOTALLY had me for a second! ha ha

Congrats on the new job! :)

 
At 6:38 AM, Blogger E-Speed said...

congrats on the new job! I have 80 cards addressed now, only about 10 more to go!

 
At 7:59 AM, Blogger Shelby said...

Congrats on your new job.. :)

 
At 11:02 AM, Blogger D said...

Hopefully you'll have some normal co-workers at this place. Congrats and good luck.

 
At 11:21 AM, Blogger Lance Notstrong said...

Thanks Rae :-) Good luck with the new job. You need to post a pic of that tree with "blue balls" LOL!!!

 
At 3:42 PM, Blogger Legs and Wings said...

Hey Rae, congrats on the new job. Sounds great that you'll be working so close to home. Very nice!!

 
At 4:53 PM, Blogger Tiggs said...

yay Rae!!!!! awesome news! what a great way to go into Christmas! COngrats!

 
At 5:50 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

You're getting way too clever with your titles and throwing me all out of whack. Congrats on the new job.

 
At 8:24 PM, Blogger Mia Goddess said...

d'oh! Funny girl.

Congrats on the new job ~ does this mean you won't work the day after Thanksgiving next year?!?

 
At 5:42 AM, Blogger Michele said...

Congrats on the new job. That is great that it is so close to home.

Have a great weekend

 
At 5:50 AM, Blogger Michele said...

Congrats on the new job. That is great that it is so close to home.

Have a great weekend

 
At 5:51 AM, Blogger Michele said...

Congrats on the new job. That is great that it is so close to home.

Have a great weekend

 
At 6:15 PM, Blogger brent said...

wow, you had me for a second! good luck w/the new job!!

 
At 7:00 PM, Blogger Darrell said...

All the best at the new job!

You could go home for lunch with Pippin everyday. He's gonna be so spoiled.

 
At 2:54 PM, Blogger David said...

Well this news is overdue for you but, sadly, we'll miss the trailer trash redneck stories; unless Brent keeps us up to date!

 
At 4:43 PM, Blogger Anne said...

What a great way to start off the new year -- with a new job. I hope this one is more to your liking. If nothing else, it sounds like your current office has a sense of humor when it comes to the holidays.

 
At 6:10 PM, Blogger Beanie said...

big congrats on the new job. nothing feels better than moving onwards and upwards :)

and yes, you do have me going there for a second...

 
At 11:14 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

congrats on the new job!!!
enjoy your time-off!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home