Thursday, October 13, 2005

Truckin'

Hey everyone! We've made it through another week (almost!!)! I had some CRAZY Powerball dreams last night. In my dream we won Powerball, not the whole thing, but 2.5 million dollars. (We matched all the numbers except Powerball but with Powerplay we ended up at 2.5 mill). It was SUCH a real dream that when my alarm went off at 5:30 I was really angry and asked myself why I had set the alarm because we had won Powerball and I was NOT going back to work, ever. Then I sort of came out of it and asked myself, 'Did I win Powerball?' I had to get up and check my numbers and nope, not a one matched. However, all throughout my dream I kept repeating this certain set of numbers so that's what I'm playing Sat since the Jackpot is still huge. It's been a lot of fun talking about what we would buy, and what we would buy first, at work. Last night at Best Buy our associate said he would buy a huge yacht, spending 10 mill on it. He'd move his entire family onto it. Ok, normal so far. Then he continued - he'd hire professionally trained militia-type people and have a complete arsenal of guns and cannons on this yacht, because of all the pirates out at sea. He informed us he had formally been in the military and could shoot us dead on from 600 feet. Umm, ok dude. You had me until you were going to start an army at sea. Anyway, he was really nice and gave us a great deal on the dishwasher that we will install this weekend. For now it's Pippin's new best friend. He sleeps next to it, sits next to it, stares at it. Every once in a while he barks at it.

Tonight we went out for a moderate 5-miler. For me that means a 9.5-10 minute pace. I like to run fast on Tues and slower on Thurs. I think by Thurs my butt's been planted in an office chair for too many hours to be a speed demon. Brent and I ran together, then a little after mile 4 he picked up the pace. He never picks up the pace! I stuck with him for a while, but I was in the mood for a slower, steady run so I eventually stuck with my pace and let him get about 20 seconds ahead of me. Every once in a while he'd turn his head back to see how far back I was, I'd see him get excited and pick his pace up a bit. The way back into our subdivision has two steep hills. The first one is long, slow and steep, and gets you to the end of our street. The second one is shorter, but steeper. I gained some distance back on the first hill, and really gained some on the second one. He looked back at me, I could see the shock in his face, and then I saw him go into 'truckin' mode'. It struck me SO funny I started laughing and just let him sprint on. When I got to our 'finish' line he had his arms raised in Victory stance and told me he won. Won what?? If this had been a race you'd better believe he'd only see the back of this head!! Anyway, he did run well but it most certainly was not a race.

No races for us this weekend!! We decided not to do the big 5K at the Zoo on Saturday. It actually runs through the zoo, which I think would be pretty cool (although I'm not sure about the smell). We haven't gotten to sleep in in about FOUR Saturday's so I think we're due! However, Shore Turtle is running his half marathon this weekend so stop by and wish him the best!! I can't wait to read his race report. With all the marathon recently I'm totally hooked on race reports!!

No running this weekend BUT we are going to Boston Terrier Day! It's a great fundraiser for the local Boston Terrier rescue foundation. We went last year and had an absolute blast. It's so fun to see so many nearly identical little dogs all together. They're all spazzing out in exactly the same way and they seem to know they have a lot in common. I think I laughed so much last year at watching them all together that my sides hurt afterwards. It's going to be a blast!!'

Have a great weekend everyone!!

Rachel

Exercise:
Wed - 1 mile am walk with Pippin
Thurs - 1 mile am walk with Pippin, 5.3 mile run, 20 minutes toning (focus:abs)

1 Comments:

At 10:42 AM, Blogger Tiggs said...

aww BT day! I would be in heaven!! LOL!! I love it that he is so taken with the dishwasher! too funny

 

Post a Comment

<< Home