Thursday, October 19, 2006

Good Luck Chicago!!

I can't believe it's almost October 22nd and it's all about to go down in Chicago!! Good luck to everyone racing this weekend but special wishes for all the thousands and thousands running 26.2 in Chicago this weekend. Rain, snow, shine, WHATEVER the weather is predicted at right now I know you guys are going to do great and we'll be tracking you from Nashville! If you get a chance leave me your bib #s in the comments! I stole these names from Barb, so good luck to all these guys and gals (plus Barb, too!) Travis, Arcaner, Jods , Nic, Yumke, Frankie, Joggler, JellyPepper, Rabbit, Cuckoo, Ryan, Zeke, Dice, Ugly Toes, Nicole, Whitney , Mike (OOSG), Leah, Jason , Bob and Lisa, and Mike with his thought, Frank, Garou, Kristi and Josh, E-Speed and Mike, Dave,
Taryn, Molly and Margie. Barb wrote an AWESOME poem including all their names. LEGENDARY.

Also, good luck to local running blogger Lance who's also running the Chicago marathon, Michele who's doing a century ride this weekend and Jack who is running a 50K. With all the races this weekend I am sure I've forgotten someone, so good luck to you too!

We're not racing this weekend, just 12 trail miles planned for Sunday. And then.....next Saturday....is my next marathon. YIKES. It's here already. What WAS super cute is now not so super cute. I got an elevation map of it and......rolling hills??? How about a very, very non-flat course. That sounds more like it. I know it's just a training run for me but even a TINY flat portion would be nice. It will be a great training run for the Monkey though. Last year only 44 people ran the whole and 22 ran the half, so it is certainly a small race! The Monkey is limited to a (sold out) field of 100, so it will seem huge compared to next weekend's super cute marathon. I haven't tapered for the marathon but I really don't feel like I need to. I haven't been able to log as many miles during this marathon cycle due to the move, the massive home renovations and a lot of long hours at work. This time around I haven't had all that many aches and pains, I haven't had the constent hunger, the massive stomach issues post long-runs - compared to last time this cycle has been a breeze. Hopefully that won't bite me in the rear on marathon days! At any rate next weekend will be great practice. And I'm pretty sure you won't be able to track me online. =)

That's it for now! Take care and GOOD LUCK CHICAGO!!

10 Comments:

At 9:20 PM, Blogger Iron Jayhawk said...

You're too funny. :)

I'm #23331
Mike (OOSG) is #23332, a number FAR cooler than mine, but whatev.

Have a great 12 this weekend!! I am so looking forward to the now "not so super cute marathon" race report. Good times!

 
At 3:21 AM, Blogger BuckeyeRunner said...

Thanks for the list of Chi-town runners! It's hard for me to keep up since I have been such a BAD blogger, lately! I just feel like my creative juices are run dry!
One more week till your marathon! exciting!

 
At 5:44 AM, Blogger Perry said...

Thanks for the well wishes Rae. My joggling number is 8656.

Perry
Just Your Average Joggler

 
At 5:50 AM, Blogger mouse said...

hahaha! man, are you going to call at the half and give me a chip update? ;)

 
At 8:03 AM, Blogger Michele said...

Thanks for the shout out. I just hope there are no crashes this time.

Good luck on your 12 mile run this weekend, weather is suppose to be perfect.

Looking forward to the super cute marathon report next weekend.

 
At 10:27 AM, Blogger Cliff said...

If u are not feeling the aches, that's a good sign u are ready for the marathon :0

Enjoy the trail run.

 
At 3:28 PM, Blogger MNFirefly said...

Rae, I am allergic to hill so I would be going nuts about your upcoming marathon. Enjoy the last week of the taper and upcoming 12 miler. I am doing 12 miles too, but tapering. :(

 
At 8:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the well wishes, Rae, and good luck with the "now not-so-super cute" marathon next weekend. My bib number is #10914.

Rich (aka Garou) - on a borrowed computer, and unable to login properly.

 
At 4:14 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Wow, your marathon is right around the corner. Rest up this week.

 
At 4:18 AM, Blogger Jack said...

Thanks for the well wishes and congratulations. Do try to get some rest this week, although you'll burn through the marathon anyway!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home